System Upgrade Complete - LC7i|Kicker|Sundown|Fosgate|Foxbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does that mean? My LC7i wont be able to power the subs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It starts cutting frequency at 32hz. its not a hard wall, but it will sharply decrease volume of subharmonic frequency below that. Most amps do some version of this as well. Kicker I think does 25, some may go down to 10... kenwood used to.
The thought process is not to waste power in a frequency that you cant hear or most subs fail to reproduce.
Some audio control products used to allow you to change out the chips for lower cut offs, im unsure of the specifics of current products though.

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks!

So today I decided I was not happy with the sound. Don't get me wrong, it is great, but I want a bit better quality and power. So I am ditching all the speakers. Replacing all the Rockford Fosgate 6x9s with Sundown Audio SD-65 CS and swapping the subs out for Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 Rev.3's, as well as ditching the Kicker Monoblock amp for a Sundown Audio SCV-1500 Monoblock

Also just order the first round of Dynamat.

Terrible addiction I tell you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is it worth changing out the dash speakers? I am currently running Rockford fosgate t2 components in the front with tweeters in sail panel, and Rockford fosgate t1 components in rear with custom 6x9 bracket with the speaker and tweeter behind door. Powered by a Rockford fosgate t600-4 and a jl stealthbox 10 Powered by a jl 500.1 amp .I am happy with the sound but wanted to know if adding dash speakers would,make a big difference? I was thinking the infinity 3.5 midrange speakers but am open to suggestions

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you haven't checked it out already one of the contributing members SOCAL started a thread called Jacks full dynamat build. Was really helpful when I did my full sound proofing project. If I could figure out how to post a link I'd do it.
Yeah I seen, he did great. For me that is a waste of time and money. I'm going to start off with the 25% rule for all the doors and then take it from there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it worth changing out the dash speakers? I am currently running Rockford fosgate t2 components in the front with tweeters in sail panel, and Rockford fosgate t1 components in rear with custom 6x9 bracket with the speaker and tweeter behind door. Powered by a Rockford fosgate t600-4 and a jl stealthbox 10 Powered by a jl 500.1 amp .I am happy with the sound but wanted to know if adding dash speakers would,make a big difference? I was thinking the infinity 3.5 midrange speakers but am open to suggestions

I have the JL c2350x 3.5” coaxial speakers jn my dash and am not impressed with them whatsoever. Im looking to replace them with the infinity 300m midranges.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah I seen, he did great. For me that is a waste of time and money. I'm going to start off with the 25% rule for all the doors and then take it from there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Doors are where I noticed the most difference. Folowed by back wall and then floors.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The kicker C series line of amps isnt quite up to par, they go CXA, DXA, KXA, and IQ from least to best... but I cant wait to hear what you think about the sundown gear.
Close, its actually DXA, CXA, KXA and then IQ.
But for power, Id personally run CXA over KXA and IQ myself.
We sell way more CXA then any other amp.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have a Kicker KX650.4 and love it! Seems the older amps that came with birth sheets always put out more power than they claim. Mine is 120 rms advertised, and the birth sheet says it puts out 170 rms. That is per channel, and its a 4 channel amp.

B9B41770-936F-4401-9FA8-929F191A41B4.jpeg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
They all still do have birth sheets, but yes, those were some of my favorites you have! :)

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the JL c2350x 3.5” coaxial speakers jn my dash and am not impressed with them whatsoever. Im looking to replace them with the infinity 300m midranges.

Let me know if you do end up with those infinty midrange I was thinking bout same ones . let me know how they sound

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. Im either gonna get the audiofrog 4” midfanges or infinity 300m 3.5” its a very tough call.

If you can, find a way to hear the Audiofrogs before making your decision. In the SQ groups people are winning with the GB40 and others are replacing higher priced mids with them and seem to be very happy. I still have not found anyone locally with an AF build that I could hear.

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. Im either gonna get the audiofrog 4” midfanges or infinity 300m 3.5” its a very tough call.

Will the audiofrog 4in fit in the dash speaker location ? And how would you power it? I currently am running a set of components in front and rear on four channel amp Rockford Fosgate t600-4 and a jl 500.1 for the jl stealthbox sub . would I have to add a third amp? Or maybe go with a 6 channel amp?

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
4” will need modifications to fit
Get An 9 channel and run the whole shooting match active
That is what I would do if I had to do it again
I will need to run the mid and tweeter ona passive x-over.
There pretty big to fit in the dash
Thinking of fanboy no an ABS bracket for them

Trying to choose between the GS Audio Frogs or the Flac Focals and the Morel v something series
There all right around the same price
But did find a deal on the. Focals that gets 350 off a 1000 dollar set

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can, find a way to hear the Audiofrogs before making your decision. In the SQ groups people are winning with the GB40 and others are replacing higher priced mids with them and seem to be very happy. I still have not found anyone locally with an AF build that I could hear.

I would, but dont personally know of anyone running them, or any shops that sell them near me. Thats the problem. A lot of audio shops have closed down, due to online sales.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would, but dont personally know of anyone running them, or any shops that sell them near me. Thats the problem. A lot of audio shops have closed down, due to online sales.

From their dealer locator it looks like there are two places near Pittsburgh. There is also an Audiofrog Facebook Group. You might find someone local willing to give you a demo.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Now that oem integration is finally getting good I think we might see a resurgence of car audio shops. People still want high end car audio systems, but car companies with odd shaped head units that operate more than just the radio and factory integration of the past not giving good results killed it for a while. I skipped doing the audio on my last truck for this reason, but with newer stuff on the market with actual good results I'm back into it.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Problem is at least in my area is we have three shops but none of them do quality work.

I have spoken to these guys and asked how they do stuff, none of them use a o scope or a DD1 to set gains or an RTA to set cross overs and tune systems

Many of the installs I have seen have seemed rushed and a bit sloppy ? even when guys are spending some serious cash, not just the 5 o-clock specials AKA 100 Planet Audio Amp with a dual Comp C box

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Doh... I somehow knew that and typed it wrong. D series is even in Walmart now....

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Problem is at least in my area is we have three shops but none of them do quality work.

I have spoken to these guys and asked how they do stuff, none of them use a o scope or a DD1 to set gains or an RTA to set cross overs and tune systems

Many of the installs I have seen have seemed rushed and a bit sloppy ? even when guys are spending some serious cash, not just the 5 o-clock specials AKA 100 Planet Audio Amp with a dual Comp C box
If the work is poor the shop is destined to fail, but I think a quality shop could succeed now where it may not have a few years ago.