91 318 Starts and dies immediately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate Winter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Hey all, I Have been restoring this 1991 Dodge W150 with the 318 and 4-speed auto. When I bought it, it had been sitting for about 9 months but it ran and drove just fine for about 20 miles.

Then one day I went to start it and it fired but then dies immediately. I have since determined that this is because the Fuel Injectors will fire during the priming sequence but then do not after that. The truck Will run on starter fluid. So I am thinking it must be a fuel problem.

I have replaced almost every sensor in the engine, MAP, TPS, Hull effect, new fuel lines(truck ran when these were put in) New Plugs and wires, new distributor cap and rotor, ignition coil, fuel injectors, FPR, and ECM.

I'm really feeling lost here, if anyone has any other ideas on what this could be I would be really grateful.

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
have you confirmed your fuel pump is putting out enough pressure? (approx 65 psi) and change any fuel filters, including any screens/filters that might be attached to the pump base.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
First WELCOME
Very nice looking truck ! Hope you solve the issue, And please update us !
But as mentioned check fuel pump pressure and any fuel filter!