95 2500 - Looking for Recommendations on Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TedZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Resurrecting a '95 2500 4Wd with 84k that sat damaged from 2010, till recently when I fixed it. It has a flatbed on it, single rear wheels, and I use it for light hauling and occasionally towing a car trailer. Would like to put new shocks on all 4 corners, just don't want a rough ride. Any recommendations appreciated.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with adjustable shocks at least in the rear

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Rough is about the only ride you're going to get. Bilstein shocks are about the best though. They're firm so the vehicle feels stable but not spinal adjusting and filling removing. The rear you have a couple options:
1. you could match the front and rear with Bilsteins
2. the rear you can do Monroe load-leveling coil-overs for about the same price. I've ran them before and found them surprisingly nice for driving unloaded and way better for loaded. They ARE a ***** to install because they don't really compress lol but some 12ton jack stands make it doable. Also, my experience with them is on a 1500 on which the leaf springs aren't as stiff so take it for what it's worth.

Mirameiah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 magnum
i have rancho rs5000's on my ram right now. bouncy like a toddler that had sugar. i am debating if the shocks are bad, but the truck doesn't bounce like a car with hydraulics.

avoid rancho. mine even make that distinct thunk noise. i want Bilsteins. they are recommended everywhere.