96 ram 5.9 to 392 hemi crate engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRatedRTF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi i have a 96 ram that i'm planning on fixing up in the near future and i want to do a 392 hemi engine crate swap and i'm making a list of everything i need.
But from what ive seen no one has done this. ive seen 5.7 hemi swaps but not the 392 the bigggest thing that worries me is the engine mounts
Here's my list but if you any of you see this and can think of anything write it down.
Thank you
1-Wiring harness(im thinking one out of a challenger would do the trick or even out out of a new model ram)
2-motor mounts(im not sure how i can do this ive seen some people say that the motor mounts for a 5.9 can fit a 5.7 but you would need to shave them down because the enigne would be sitting too high but i want to do a 392 engine which i think is 6.4 so i dont know)
3-transmission
4-drive shaft would be easy

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
PCM

Full sensor suite

Fusebox/Power center

Custom fab on the motor mounts to locate them properly fore & aft, at the proper height

Intake manifold

Throttle body

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Exhaust, headers,pipes. Transmission crossmember. Gear shifter,linkage.