97 5.9 360 led blinker problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaneWat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I have recently bought led for my rear blinkers. My old bulbs work fine but the new led just stay on and don’t blink at all. They are orange 3157-A which is what the others are but they won’t blink at all, they just stay on. It almost seems to act like it can’t recognize the led. Idk what to do to make them blink .

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Couple things:

1. Rear blinkers should be 3157-R, red. Orange/amber is front signals. Reverse lights are 3157-W, white.
2. Blinkers need either resistors wired in (more troublesome than what they're worth) OR you can also install LED front signals and run an LED flasher relay. This will run LEDs normally as if they are factory without cutting up your wiring and introducing corrosion.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I just converted a 70 AMX to LED bulbs. LED amber 1157 replacements in fronts, LED red 1157 replacements in rear, incandescent dash indicator bulbs. I ended up using Novita EP28 flasher units in both the turn signal and the hazard circuits. AutoZone stocks for $21.99 each (ouch!). Nice rate of flash - same for 2 LED bulb turn as 4 LED bulb hazard. In my case I had to make adapter pigtails - the AMX factory units were (2) 1/4" terms - feed + load, where the EP28's are (3) 1/8" terms - feed + load + ground.

While there may be replacement flashers that directly plug into your connectors, it may be trial and error to find which ones flash at a nice rate of pulse, at $20+ a crack.