A/C Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RadioKrisLee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I noticed that my A/C system was loosing freon and that the suction hose appeared to be leaking, I replaced the suction hose and accumulater. Pulled a vacuum and it held, recharged the system and all was going well until at one point during the recharge the pressures on both the high and low dropped suddenly. Now the system runs with compressor running non stop, the low side is at a vacuum and high side is only showing about 120-150 psi, I also notice the line frosting up on the high side coming from the evaporator to about mid fender where the frost stops and the line is warm but not hot. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking something is up with the orifice but am finding different info on that.

OP
OP
R

RadioKrisLee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: took the truck out to run some errands, A/C blew warm air when idling but once I got out on the highway and turned it on it started blowing cool, not ice cold like it used to but fairly cool air. Check the pressures when I got back and low side was 20 PSI and high was 100. Could too much freon also cause issues like this?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The charge should have been weighed in. Your pressures are low and the frosting could be a result of the low charge or a restriction in the system.

OP
OP
R

RadioKrisLee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The charge should have been weighed in. Your pressures are low and the frosting could be a result of the low charge or a restriction in the system.

The truck takes 1lb 10oz of freon and a little over 26oz was put in so I'm thinking some kind of blockage or partial blockage.