AC problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evilsizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I want to see if someone can help me out, been looking around. i am trying to find a compressor clutch to replace the one going out on the compressor. i really do not want to have replace the compressor since not long ago i paid to have it filled after a engine swap.

How i narrowed it down, i took a long trip the other day. noticed that when leaving a stop light and the engine gets around 2k rpm some kind of grinding noise or something close to that happens, not all the time. wondering then if its possible the compressor is going bad or it really could be the clutch. since i cant find one on rockauto, im starting to think i need to hit up the dealer. the only thing i can find on rockauto has to do with the clutch is the AC compressor clutch coil.

not really ac related but does anyone know of a blower motor with a higher fan speed then the stock one? i feel like i need to keep it on high to get any kind of cold air in the truck. either that or i need to replace door seals if its letting heat back in.

thoughts anyone, on anything?

thanks

Sosasser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a new clutch assembly on ebay. Just got done putting it on. Working great.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can you spin the clutch by hand when the engine is off of course? With the engine running and a/c on high can you hear/ see the clutch engage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye