Adding Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freakasis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2020 Ram 5500 Tradesman 4 door with push button start and power locks but no keyless entry (WTF)?.

What is needed to add this with factory parts?

I'm sure at least fobs, a module, wiring, and someone to program one of the modules but can anyone give me a better idea for this year truck?

Thanks

edit: maybe just fobs and a program? is has to have a some sort of receiver because the fob has a panic button.

Last edited:

kbr577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 HD 6.4
There is a post on doing it to the 2020 2500"s. under the 5th gen HD second page .

OP
OP
F

freakasis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
5th Gen HD Proximity Entry DIY Upgrade

I read that one. his truck came with keyless entry. hes trying to add proximity entry. that's not the same as what i want to do.

I have to unlock mine with a key, yet it has power locks and push button start, fobs, etc.

Anyone else?

ToyHaulin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8 Hemi® MDS VVT
with push button start and power locks but no keyless entry (WTF)?

My neighbor and I feel the same way. We thought our Big Horns had keyless entry, but they dont. I never owned one of these before and didnt figure out I got short changed until after I took it home. The size of this key fob is enormous on top of my other complaints.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I would consider adding keyless entry too. I bet there is a decent aftermarket product.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2020 Ram 5500 Tradesman 4 door with push button start and power locks but no keyless entry (WTF)?.

What is needed to add this with factory parts?

I'm sure at least fobs, a module, wiring, and someone to program one of the modules but can anyone give me a better idea for this year truck?

Thanks

edit: maybe just fobs and a program? is has to have a some sort of receiver because the fob has a panic button.
You just need the correct fob, and have the dealer add sales code GXM for remote keyless entry and program the fob. You might as well just get the fob that has the remote start and remote tailgate release buttons, too. Have the dealer add sales code XBM for remote start, and JKR for remote tailgate release. Then, the only thing you need for remote start to work is the correct hood latch.

OP
OP
F

freakasis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
FYI all you need to do is buy the correct fob and have them add the service code gxm. $346 out the door. The dealer had no issue adding the code for me. They didn't think the code was going to be in there and refused to believe that it was going to work and told me I was going to be out the money anyway like 15 times over the course of 3 visits to get the correct part.

edit: didn't see the above reply.

I only ordered one, perhaps I will get the remote start one when I get the second one later. Do you know the part number so I don't have to wait a half hour for the parts guys to figure it out? I don't have a tailgate on my truck. Thanks for the advise.

Last edited: