Adding spacers on 7in maxtrac lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_Michel00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, so im totally new to the lifted scene and the forums so im not sure if this has been discussed yet. I'm currently on a 7in maxtrac lift and 3in body on 22x14-81 and 40x15.5 and im not satisfied yet and was curious what more i can do to lift her up. ive seen some people run spacers with there 7in lift and they said it rides fine, so i was thinking instead of running the spacer could i order a bigger spring instead? or what else can i do to lift my ram? i have a diesel truck that i would like to keep mostly stock and thats why im doing it all to the 5.7l

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hey guys, so im totally new to the lifted scene and the forums so im not sure if this has been discussed yet. I'm currently on a 7in maxtrac lift and 3in body on 22x14-81 and 40x15.5 and im not satisfied yet and was curious what more i can do to lift her up. ive seen some people run spacers with there 7in lift and they said it rides fine, so i was thinking instead of running the spacer could i order a bigger spring instead? or what else can i do to lift my ram? i have a diesel truck that i would like to keep mostly stock and thats why im doing it all to the 5.7l

To go any higher you're going to need a bracket lift. You're also going to need to cut off the front coil spring buckets and replace them with proper length attach points on the frame. Something like what dirt king offers for the frame mount. From there could do the 10-12" bulletproof kits.

It all will be custom. It will be expensive unless you're the fabricator. Post pics!

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Welcome to the forum.

Im guessing that you have a 2WD?

Several of us have the Maxtrac 7” set-up without any issues. Some have even added a 1-3” body lift as well. I myself might entertain a 1-1.5” body lift, but I don’t want to loose the tow hooks up front….. that’s another story.

As far as adding spacers? Nope.

The geometry involved would be screwed up with what you already have. Can it be done? Sure it can. Should it be done? IMO…. No.

If the goal is a higher lift, at this point your looking at a Custom Lift to do it correctly.

BTW….. let’s see some pics of what you have :waytogo:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
To go any higher you're going to need a bracket lift. You're also going to need to cut off the front coil spring buckets and replace them with proper length attach points on the frame. Something like what dirt king offers for the frame mount. From there could do the 10-12" bulletproof kits.

It all will be custom. It will be expensive unless you're the fabricator. Post pics!

Lol, you posted while I was typing.

100% of what you said :waytogo:

OP
OP
Alex_Michel00

Alex_Michel00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Several of us have the Maxtrac 7” set-up without any issues. Some have even added a 1-3” body lift as well. I myself might entertain a 1-1.5” body lift, but I don’t want to loose the tow hooks up front….. that’s another story.

The geometry involved would be screwed up with what you already have. Can it be done? Sure it can. Should it be done? IMO…. No.

If the goal is a higher lift, at this point your looking at a Custom Lift to do it correctly.

ahh ok so thats how you reply ahaha sorry just figuring out the forum

OP
OP
Alex_Michel00

Alex_Michel00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Welcome to the forum.

wasn't sure how to reply earlier but i sent some attachments of my current setup!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
OP
OP
Alex_Michel00

Alex_Michel00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yup that suckers is at the MAX. Sweet ride!
Next step. Gear swap. 4.56 thank me later.
will that help bring back my tow capacity? bc i have a texas roll back trailer and i gotta tow chevy express vans to the junk yard to give us more parking spots and im kinda scared for that lol might even throw on my 37s for that

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
will that help bring back my tow capacity? bc i have a texas roll back trailer and i gotta tow chevy express vans to the junk yard to give us more parking spots and im kinda scared for that lol might even throw on my 37s for that
Won't change the tow rating but it'll pull easier

OP
OP
Alex_Michel00

Alex_Michel00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Exactly, the rating is the rating you got, however how well its done you will see a difference :waytogo:
With out the regear how much do u think id be able to tow the chevy express vans? Or will i break something? Bc i have to tow 9 different vans next week wasnt sure if id be able to do it with 40s and just slap on the 37s

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
With out the regear how much do u think id be able to tow the chevy express vans? Or will i break something? Bc i have to tow 9 different vans next week wasnt sure if id be able to do it with 40s and just slap on the 37s
What’s the weight you’ll be towing? And will it be on/off a trailer?

At this point…. I’d be thinking 37’s….. or even better 35’s without regearing.

Last edited:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s the weight you’ll be towing? And will it be on/off a trailer?

At this point…. I’d be thinking 37’s….. or even better 35’s without rehearing.
Unless they can pull off regearing and break in before next week, I'd be throwing on the smaller tires for sure.