Adding wiring for Overhead console (2017)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kabong57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW 4WD Reg Cab Long Bed
Engine
6.4L
I am adding an overhead console to my 17 Tradesman 3500 regular cab. Console has the Map lights, LED cup holder light, Switch for power rear window (not needed) and HomeLink/Compass. In searching previous posts, I understand making the connections @ the Green connector behind the headlight switch. I already have the terminals for the roof side connector. Problem that I have is the wire colors of my factory harness does not match those of previous posts. The partial donor roof harness from a 2012 Crew (4 door) that I found does color match previous installs but actually ran to the c-pillars. I guess I need a population map by position not color for the Green connector.IMG_2643.JPG IMG_2641.JPG IMG_2640.JPG IMG_2639.JPG IMG_2636.JPG

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am adding an overhead console to my 17 Tradesman 3500 regular cab. Console has the Map lights, LED cup holder light, Switch for power rear window (not needed) and HomeLink/Compass. In searching previous posts, I understand making the connections @ the Green connector behind the headlight switch. I already have the terminals for the roof side connector. Problem that I have is the wire colors of my factory harness does not match those of previous posts. The partial donor roof harness from a 2012 Crew (4 door) that I found does color match previous installs but actually ran to the c-pillars. I guess I need a population map by position not color for the Green connector.View attachment 116608 View attachment 116609 View attachment 116610 View attachment 116611 View attachment 116614
As I am trying to figure what I need to put the overhead consol in my 2012 ST one of the post I read on here (sorry I didn't mark it) said 2012 and below were in fact different, you would need 2013 and above harness. That being said take it with a grain of salt I'm just starting my research.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

marcki8506

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is the Yellow/Blue Stripes for 2017 ??? I don't have a wiring in my connector. Where do you connect the wire ??? Because i install a overhead console. Thank you !

GA_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I am planning to do the same mod, add the overhead console to my 2017 RAM 1500 Tradesman. I have the exact problem. My connector wires look identical. Where is the M27 YE/BU Reading Lamps wire? How was this solved?