Additional 2014 6.7 performance upgrades??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OMalley401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First post, long time lurker here.

I have a 2014 2500 4x4 Megacab with the 6.7. Here is what I have already done and had done for quite some time;
  1. RaceMe Ultra Tuner set to 200HP setting, max rail pressure, max timing, quick spool, etc. etc. Pretty much maxed out the tuner
  2. DPF delete in order to run the RaceMe Ultra
  3. RevMax 700 68RFE transmission with every available billet internal upgrade
At first, I was impressed with the upgrades. Especially after swapping transmissions as now I have no fear about 4-6 gear and it's a very aggressive shift. Towing the boat or travel trailer is not a concern anymore.

That being said, there is still quite a bit of black smoke coming out at full throttle. According to the RaceMe website, they max out the turbo at 35 PSI to keep from f'ing up other components which their gauge has confirmed my turbo making. So what else can I do without needing to restud the heads? I'd love a compound turbo setup but I really don't want to get rid of my exhaust braking function. Suggestions?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only way to cure black smoke is more air or less fuel.

I’d throw out water/**** but I don’t think that will clear up the smoke.

OP
OP
OMalley401

OMalley401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the methanol injection on my previous Chevy, not real interested in that. Just want to make more power and like you said, to get rid of the smoke it's gonna need more air.