Additional UAQ/UAS Update Files 28.3/30.24/34.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srtdrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like the 5th Gen guys have found the files for the 12.1" screens, but I don't see any mention of 40.1 for the 8.4"s. If anyone is also a member there, maybe it's worth asking if they can also get the 8.4" files.

go to 5thgenrams and then add /community/threads/pr40-1-update-file.48835/ to get to the exact thread

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Looks like the 5th Gen guys have found the files for the 12.1" screens, but I don't see any mention of 40.1 for the 8.4"s. If anyone is also a member there, maybe it's worth asking if they can also get the 8.4" files.

go to 5thgenrams and then add /community/threads/pr40-1-update-file.48835/ to get to the exact thread
Here's the TSB for the 8.4

Attachments

• Uconnect 40.1 TSB.pdf
    372.1 KB · Views: 39

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ehh that is possible. The update file use to only consist of 2-4 files. This one seems to have 15+. So that was throwing me off.
When I put the USB in, it triggered in a few seconds. I still have the drive around somewhere, if I ever remember to check how I have it loaded.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Based off of the filename, I'm not sure that's for the UAQ as the filename has 12.1_UAX
I don't know the difference between UAQ and UAX. All I know is that it updated my 2020, 12.1" to 40.1

Last edited:

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know the difference between UArevver1934 and UAX. All I know is that it updated my 2020, 12.1" to 40.1
Like SRTDrew said, we want the 8.4" UAQ... Thanks for giving us access to the 12.1" panel, but from what I have seen on this thread, and others like it, the files are VERY specific to each individual head unit, so unfortunantly the 12.1 doesn't help many 4th gen owners, as we largely either have the 8.4, the 5, the 3, or that android abomination of a "12". I don't think I have seen too many people retrofit the Uconnect5 12.1 into a 4th gen.

Momany

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please can anyone share with me the update for UAS 8.4 22.64 update or 28.3 am not able to find anywhere and it is my only way to update from version 22.6 to the 39.6 version, I had been able to find all UAQ updates but not UAS

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like SRTDrew said, we want the 8.4" UAQ... Thanks for giving us access to the 12.1" panel, but from what I have seen on this thread, and others like it, the files are VERY specific to each individual head unit, so unfortunantly the 12.1 doesn't help many 4th gen owners, as we largely either have the 8.4, the 5, the 3, or that android abomination of a "12". I don't think I have seen too many people retrofit the Uconnect5 12.1 into a 4th gen.
My ram yesterday (running 39.5(? I can't remember the exact sub-rev right now)) just tried to download an update, but got Error 20. Weird thing is, either it processed overnight (drove work truck this morning), or uConnect just doesn't know what the heck is in my truck anymore (also possible). It just said "Update now, or schedule for later", didn't show much useful information, so I can't guess on what version my truck actually tried to download.

I did remove power last week when I replaced the SL(01) screen with an SL(03) from Fleabay.

jugernot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Anyone have a link to the map pack that I can load with the 39.6 update? I have a Ram 2018 UCQ that I bought from a Canadian salvage yard that has an issue with the nav. When I click the nav icon, it just saying "Loading Navigation". I posted in another forum and was told that the map pack was probably bad on this radio and that I could load the newest map pack (22.4?) with the 39.6 update (I'm currently on 22.6).

As my nav is already activated, I shouldn't have any issue with using an existing map pack, right? I've read the maps add approx 8gb to the update image...

I downloaded all the versions in this thread to get me to 39.6, but was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for the map pack?

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have a link to the map pack that I can load with the 39.6 update? I have a Ram 2018 UCQ that I bought from a Canadian salvage yard that has an issue with the nav. When I click the nav icon, it just saying "Loading Navigation". I posted in another forum and was told that the map pack was probably bad on this radio and that I could load the newest map pack (22.4?) with the 39.6 update (I'm currently on 22.6).

As my nav is already activated, I shouldn't have any issue with using an existing map pack, right? I've read the maps add approx 8gb to the update image...

I downloaded all the versions in this thread to get me to 39.6, but was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for the map pack?
I think I used the 22.4 map pack when I installed 39.6, and my nav worked last I checked, but I just use Android Auto, so not a big deal for me. I just didn't want to have the update rejected, or brick my radio.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I did and 0 issues to report so far.
Same...I also have a successful report from someone who loaded the UAS update. Only change there was they lost performance pages. I'm not sure if he ever got them back.

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Updated my UAQ to 40.1 yesterday. No issues with the update and so far no noticable changes.

Thanks for providing the file!

Earl