Additional UAQ/UAS Update Files 28.3/30.24/34.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keemoshani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok thanks good to know, is there any benefit to try going to v39 UCQ? I'm trying to get rid of an audio drop out/glitch that i'm experiencing but ram won't update because it's not the radio that came with the vehicle

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
ok thanks good to know, is there any benefit to try going to v39 UCQ? I'm trying to get rid of an audio drop out/glitch that i'm experiencing but ram won't update because it's not the radio that came with the vehicle
39.6 will probably work. Others with a UCQ that couldn't do 40.1 could do 39.6. Many of us have a radio that's not original. We typically use the files here to upgrade. As others have stated, it's best to flash only when trying to fix a problem. If I had your issue, I would try 39.6.

frankog

Reaction score
Hey guys… I work at Chrysler and can get access to any and all uconnect update files that you may need. PM me if your looking to find anything. I don’t want to go nuts with this cause I’m sure I’m violating some sort of policy at Chrysler but I just want to pay back the help this forum has done for me.
sent you a pm. thanks

durangoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys… I work at Chrysler and can get access to any and all uconnect update files that you may need. PM me if your looking to find anything. I don’t want to go nuts with this cause I’m sure I’m violating some sort of policy at Chrysler but I just want to pay back the help this forum has done for me.
Hello, do you have the UAQ 39.6 file that I can download?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So does anyone have an updated map folder to add to these updates? I upgraded to a UAQ from a 2018 in spring and am on the software and maps that shipped with the radio from the factory. I use Waze 99.9% of the time due to great rerouting, police notifications, potholes, etc; but I'd like to have more up to date maps for those times where cell service is spotty. I have a camper and some campgrounds have spotty to almost zero cell reception. Only work around I know of besides the stock maps is downloading offline maps for google maps. Only map file I've found was in the 21.9 update and it is barely newer than the current map database I have. If nothing else I will probably insert that map with 28.3 update and then jump to 40.1 with same map. Thanks in advance.

mstask

Reaction score
Hey!

Anyone have UAS update files to download? Can't find them anywhere.. Thanks a lot!

dkokochak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I've heard from multiple people that you cannot downgrade a UAQ radio. This is simply not true. There are some hurdles you sometimes have to jump through in order to complete the downgrade. I'll get to that, but just know that you are not SOL if you updated and something was broken. It CAN be fixed. Don't mail it in for $500+ to do a simple repair.

I was able to get my hands on a UAQ 34.2 update file and installed it and found it to be working fine. However, any time I would restart the car, the SiriusXM favorites would reset back to factory defaults. Not a big deal, but we do like to have our SiriusXM favorites. So here's my fix:

I tried to downgrade to 22.6, but could not. It said the update was not compatible with this vehicle. If this happens to you where you're having issues on your current version, DO NOT PANIC. You can downgrade the radio no problem. I was able to get my hands on a UAQ 30.24 update file. I put this on a drive and inserted it into the USB. It allowed me to "Update Now" which I did. I was able to flash the 30.24 update file onto the UAQ. Now here's the cool part. After I flashed 30.24, I went to see if I could downgrade to 28.3. I could! It said "Update Now" just like it did with 30.24! Awesome! Although I didn't try this personally, I have all the faith in the world that it would downgrade just like it did from 34.2 to 30.24. Heck you might be able to even downgrade 28.3 to 22.6

OKAY, OKAY. I know what you're thinking. But! The latest version available for the UAQ is 22.6. Well, yes and no. That is the currently well known version for the UAQ, but there are several newer versions that I was able to get my hands on. I am attaching the Google Drive with ZIP files with every UAQ/UAS Update file that's not already publicly listed like on mydrive.ch.

The versions I'm linking to are:

UAQ 28.3

UAQ 30.24

UAQ 34.2

&

UAS 30.24

I have personally installed all three of these on my Compass/Cherokee and RAM UAQ radio and all functionality including SiriusXM, Navigation, CarPlay, backup camera, etc. all work with zero issues.

Here's the link to all of those files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uc6gYueoqOdCo93y3FgaMiZFSBmPKSE6?usp=sharing

NOTE: If you download any of these files and use them on your own radios and damage your device, I'm not responsible. However, I have updated and downgraded my radios with these files and have had zero issues.

I hope this can help others to fix their radios or just tinker!
ClearlyStabile, the files for 21.9 somehow have been unzipped with in the zip file as all one file. Is it possible to get an update 21.9 zip file with all the update files needed. Thank you

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got updated from factory 2018 UAQ to 40.1, went to 28.3 first and then 40.1 and used map file from one of the other files hosted on here, can't remember which file had maps installed. I ordered map update usb, since updating I can finally update maps. I don't use my trucks built in navigation much, but when going camping some campgrounds have little to no cell reception which rules out Waze and Google maps for navigation. Also there have been so many new roads and even a hospital built across the road from me that appear as fields. My navigation file is from 2017. I assume the 2023 navigation I ordered is from 2022, so still much better than 2017. I'll probably never update again as long as I own the truck so just a one time thing. I think newer Ram's that use TomTom for navigation get free updates. Ridiculous that as expensive as our trucks are that we can't get free updates. Now the only thing that will drive me nuts on there will be the intersection at the end of my road that was closed late last year for a roundabout install and just finished about 2 weeks ago will not appear as a roundabout. Seemed weird using Waze right after it opened it appeared as a roundabout and even shows with a number I believe which road you need to exit to when using for routing. I use Waze everyday to drive to and from work for traffic delays/rerouting and police and pothole warnings. Pa roads are terrible!!!

Last edited:

LtDanTaylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any chance someone could help me get either the 39.6 or 40.1 UCQ update files?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance someone could help me get either the 39.6 or 40.1 UCQ update files?
I'm sure someone does, I have the 40.1 UAQ file which I just used to update. Lots of Canadians on here, someone should have it. Uconnect website is useless. Said I was up to date and I was still on original 2018 software. I think sound is better on 40.1 then previous version, I also installed new speakers, but updated after installing.

LtDanTaylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure someone does, I have the 40.1 UAQ file which I just used to update. Lots of Canadians on here, someone should have it. Uconnect website is useless. Said I was up to date and I was still on original 2018 software. I think sound is better on 40.1 then previous version, I also installed new speakers, but updated after installing.
Would you be able to send me the 40.1 UAQ file?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would you be able to send me the 40.1 UAQ file?
Here's a link to my google drive if you want to grab it. Not sure which version you are running, but if below 22.64 I believe, then you have to go up to at least there and then to 40.1, I went from stock 19.9 or whatever I was on to 28.3 and then 40.1. I also added a map file before trying to load both. Saw some people said they lost Nav temporarily trying to load without a Nav file. I downloaded 21.9 and extracted the Nav file which I used for both installs. I have since upgraded my Nav to a 2023 version I paid for to bring me up to date. I am thinking they lost Nav, because they used a UAS version (non-nav). If you don't want to mess up your Nav since you have Canadian maps I would leave maps off the USB. Not sure what loading UAQ vs UCQ could change on your radio.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So anyone else have their Sirius presets showing the 2nd set instead of 1st group? Must have started after I updated to 40.1. I really don't want to have to reset my radio and lose presets and settings over this. It's annoying, but I may just deal with it. Wish I could soft reset like older 8.4, but I have the 4c 8.4 and soft reset holding tune and volume no longer works.

Cylac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Believe it or not but my Canadian unit actually upgraded itself to 40.1 UCQ (CANADA-ASO-8.4-QR-40.12.0-20220930-OSFRM) automatically the other day! (no map updates - still stuck with 2019 maps)
I think what triggered my install was I decided to subscribe for Remote Start services (SiriusXM Guardian) the other day because of the promo they had going! ($7/month - $84/year CAD).

LaurensN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram owner from Europe here. Also did the conversion to Uconnect 4C on my 2016 ram.
Does anyone have the update files for the European Uconnect (sales code UGQ)?
I'm currently on 22.5.