Additional UAQ/UAS Update Files 28.3/30.24/34.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I just updated my UAS (No NAV) to 30.24 and am having an issue with the heated steering wheel icon not showing. It turns on and heats up and you can hear the relay click on and off as usual but the icon up between the heated seat icons don't appear and the one in the bar at the bottom of the radio also doesn't change to indicate on or off. I will try and roll back if I can't get this resolved but I like the new startup/shut down animation and the new "media" grouping, so I'd like to stay if anyone had this happen and had it fix itself or maybe I could roll back and reflash it if nothing else. Anyone have a laramie with the heated wheel that's tried it?

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Weirdly I'm also getting an error trying to go back to 22.6 that says that the firmware is incompatible with my vehicle or whatever. Not sure why I'm getting that.

aibrahimov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I just updated my UAS (No NAV) to 30.24 and am having an issue with the heated steering wheel icon not showing. It turns on and heats up and you can hear the relay click on and off as usual but the icon up between the heated seat icons don't appear and the one in the bar at the bottom of the radio also doesn't change to indicate on or off. I will try and roll back if I can't get this resolved but I like the new startup/shut down animation and the new "media" grouping, so I'd like to stay if anyone had this happen and had it fix itself or maybe I could roll back and reflash it if nothing else. Anyone have a laramie with the heated wheel that's tried it?
Weirdly I'm also getting an error trying to go back to 22.6 that says that the firmware is incompatible with my vehicle or whatever. Not sure why I'm getting that.
I believe you cannot go back below 28.3 - at least that was the case when I tried it on my UAQ. You said you installed 30.24 - did you try to go back to 28.3?
28.3 also has combined media, not sure about startup animation though. As for the heated wheel - I would try pulling the battery for a couple of hours, then connecting it back - and after a few power cycles, options should start coming back.

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I believe you cannot go back below 28.3 - at least that was the case when I tried it on my UAQ. You said you installed 30.24 - did you try to go back to 28.3?
28.3 also has combined media, not sure about startup animation though. As for the heated wheel - I would try pulling the battery for a couple of hours, then connecting it back - and after a few power cycles, options should start coming back.

As far as I know, there is no 28.3 for the UAS (Non nav) radio. If there is, someone please link me.

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as I know, there is no 28.3 for the UAS (Non nav) radio. If there is, someone please link me.

Did you ever get the heated wheel issue straight? Just to be sure...it works, but just doesn't have an onscreen indicator? Does the like on the physical button work?

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Did you ever get the heated wheel issue straight? Just to be sure...it works, but just doesn't have an onscreen indicator? Does the like on the physical button work?

Nope, never got the issue fixed. Yeah, the feature works but there's no on screen indication that it's on or off (no heated wheel icon at the top of the screen between the seat icons, and the larger heated wheel button/icon on the main part of the screen also doesn't change). I have the upfitter switches, so I don't have any hard buttons for the seats/wheel.

I've also noticed a few other bugs like I get a "device not supported" message every time I turn on the truck, and android auto has stopped working/connecting to my phone once which required me to pull the fuse for the radio. All in all, I'd say steer clear of this build for the UAS. There's nothing to flash back to and until/unless ram puts out a newer version you're just SOL.

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I am just going to disable AA unless I go on vacation and want to use Nav. It's so buggy. Especially when I get out for just a minute before it completely powers down. Half the time when I get back in, it is locked up, no buttons work. Or the backup cam switches on and turns solid blue and it takes a minute or 2 before it will reboot. Sometimes it has to reboot 3 or 4 times while I am driving to reset and finally work. AA is a defective product. Not sure who is more at fault here, Ram/Fiat or Android.

I hope that is Android Auto just messing up. Surely the headunit itself can't be that buggy, CAN IT???

Last edited:

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I am just going to disable AA unless I go on vacation and want to use Nav. It's so buggy. Especially when I get out for just a minute before it completely powers down. Half the time when I get back in, it is locked up, no buttons work. Or the backup cam switches on and turns solid blue and it takes a minute or 2 before it will reboot. Sometimes it has to reboot 3 or 4 times while I am driving to reset and finally work. AA is a defective product. Not sure who is more at fault here, Ram/Fiat or Android.

I hope that is Android Auto just messing up. Surely the headunit itself can't be that buggy, CAN IT???

It could be your cable causing issues. What phone are you using, is it running the latest version of Andriod and Android Auto?

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It could be your cable causing issues. What phone are you using, is it running the latest version of Andriod and Android Auto?

It's a OnePlus 7t, the cable that came with it, and all apps are up to date according to the play store. I just got an over the air update to 20.37.11 today. We will see if that is any better.

I doubt it is the cable causing issues, because the head unit locks up most of the time before I even plug my phone in.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've heard from multiple people that you cannot downgrade a UAQ radio. This is simply not true. There are some hurdles you sometimes have to jump through in order to complete the downgrade. I'll get to that, but just know that you are not SOL if you updated and something was broken. It CAN be fixed. Don't mail it in for $500+ to do a simple repair.

I was able to get my hands on a UAQ 34.2 update file and installed it and found it to be working fine. However, any time I would restart the car, the SiriusXM favorites would reset back to factory defaults. Not a big deal, but we do like to have our SiriusXM favorites. So here's my fix:

I tried to downgrade to 22.6, but could not. It said the update was not compatible with this vehicle. If this happens to you where you're having issues on your current version, DO NOT PANIC. You can downgrade the radio no problem. I was able to get my hands on a UAQ 30.24 update file. I put this on a drive and inserted it into the USB. It allowed me to "Update Now" which I did. I was able to flash the 30.24 update file onto the UAQ. Now here's the cool part. After I flashed 30.24, I went to see if I could downgrade to 28.3. I could! It said "Update Now" just like it did with 30.24! Awesome! Although I didn't try this personally, I have all the faith in the world that it would downgrade just like it did from 34.2 to 30.24. Heck you might be able to even downgrade 28.3 to 22.6

OKAY, OKAY. I know what you're thinking. But! The latest version available for the UAQ is 22.6. Well, yes and no. That is the currently well known version for the UAQ, but there are several newer versions that I was able to get my hands on. I am attaching the Google Drive with ZIP files with every UAQ/UAS Update file that's not already publicly listed like on mydrive.ch.

The versions I'm linking to are:

UAQ 28.3

UAQ 30.24

UAQ 34.2

&

UAS 30.24

I have personally installed all three of these on my Compass/Cherokee and RAM UAQ radio and all functionality including SiriusXM, Navigation, CarPlay, backup camera, etc. all work with zero issues.

Here's the link to all of those files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uc6gYueoqOdCo93y3FgaMiZFSBmPKSE6?usp=sharing

NOTE: If you download any of these files and use them on your own radios and damage your device, I'm not responsible. However, I have updated and downgraded my radios with these files and have had zero issues.

I hope this can help others to fix their radios or just tinker!

I am having issues with the 21.9 file where I can download, but cannot get it unzipped with any variation in software or way to go about it, keeps saying the file is empty yet it is over 9gb. Could you get it to me in another method? I am on 22.6 but having issues and as of late it reboots itself frequently, noturious volume 15 for both factory nav and aa, as well as 97% of the time i have zero audio other than nav guidance in factory nav and aa, all other sounds i get nothing, this has progressed severely in the last few weeks. On top of that my apps for backup cam and cargo cam only appear in the controls screen, i cannot get them elsewhere even with having all of the settings in alfaobd proper. Cant hurt to go back to 21.9 which this uaq out of an 18 had when i bought it as it is already messed up and annoying. appreciate your efforts.

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I see there's now a 39.5 file for the UAQ - Has anyone tried it? I have sold my truck with the UAS and have a UAQ in my new truck on 34.2 and still have the no heated steering wheel icon and the "device not connected" message

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just had a customer get a bad radio from elsewhere they had to get repaired ... United Radio got em squared away and apparently loaded the radio with application version v39.6 20210405 as part of the repair (missing Cellular modem/gps board)

And it appears to work well.

I've got no idea how to get our hands on it for others to try the update, since it's not officially released by Stellantis...
@ClearlyStabile ??

Attachments

• 20210820_172114.jpg
    20210820_172114.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just had a customer get a bad radio from elsewhere they had to get repaired ... United Radio got em squared away and apparently loaded the radio with application version v39.6 20210405 as part of the repair (missing Cellular modem/gps board)

And it appears to work well.

I've got no idea how to get our hands on it for others to try the update, since it's not officially released by Stellantis...
@ClearlyStabile ??

Have radio, will test...

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Figured I'd give some non ram feedback since I went aftermarket there long ago. The MY17 UAS in my '17 Scat Pack Challenger (Factory UAS) updated to 30.24 without any issues. The perf pages icon is kinda screwy, but other than that totally worth it for a unit that hasn't gotten official updates in FOREVER. Audio quality with the 6 channel Alpine System/Aftermarket Infinity Kappas/References is SUBSTANTIALLY improved and I'll be curious to to see if it resolves the long standing car play issues where I'd have to pull the radio fuse every couple of months/weeks. The new perf pages app is also so much better than what I've had for a while so that's nice as well, but it'll take getting used to it starting in "auto mode" instead of custom or track, but maybe I just need to play with my Tazer again.

Hopefully I don't have any long term issues, but since I've been wanting to get an '18+ UAQ to make up for the few issues I've had with my MY17 UAS I figured it was worth a shot. I've tried to source UAS updates in the past from a MY18+, but this is the 1st one that would install so huge thanks from me !

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Can someone else with a UAQ and a heated wheel tell me if you get the icon for the heated wheel when you press the icon? Firmware 34.2 or 39.5?

jlh0324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just found this thread and updated my UAQ to 39.5 from 30.24. This update fixed the Sirius XM not working on previous versions, and the audio quality is great! Plus off-road pages now work too. Steering angle changes as you rotate steering, transfer case sees change to 4x4, coordinates/altitude changes as you drive, and pitch/roll haven’t changed but I’m on flat ground.

I noticed “installing off-road pages” & “installing performance pages” when radio rebooted after update. I enabled them with alfaobd and it worked. Performance pages loads but gives an error, I might have to enable SRT for it to work.

Does anyone know how to change the settings for off-road pages? I want to see if I can change the gauge units from c to f.

888D62B7-8453-4579-840A-1F43C08B6BDE.jpeg158DF3F1-BD32-4BE7-A622-CAF7938B1B86.jpeg9DDAACB0-B43A-4FA6-AEFB-D5295534DE69.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just found this thread and updated my UAQ to 39.5 from 30.24. This update fixed the Sirius XM not working on previous versions, and the audio quality is great! Plus off-road pages now work too. Steering angle changes as you rotate steering, transfer case sees change to 4x4, coordinates/altitude changes as you drive, and pitch/roll haven’t changed but I’m on flat ground.

I noticed “installing off-road pages” & “installing performance pages” when radio rebooted after update. I enabled them with alfaobd and it worked. Performance pages loads but gives an error, I might have to enable SRT for it to work.

Does anyone know how to change the settings for off-road pages? I want to see if I can change the gauge units from c to f.

View attachment 469524View attachment 469525View attachment 469526
Where did you get the file and will you share it?