Additional UAQ/UAS Update Files 28.3/30.24/34.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I too successfully flashed 39.5 to my 2018 UAQ. The only difference I can see so far is that they adjusted the audio. It might sound better than before (better than 22.6 or 34.2).

The NAV volume issue persists for me on the built in NAV (resets built in NAV volume to 15 after power cycle). The NAV on Android Auto does stick through power cycles though.

I'm also pretty sure that disabling USB debugging is the correct fix for the "device not supported" error.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I too successfully flashed 39.5 to my 2018 UAQ. The only difference I can see so far is that they adjusted the audio. It might sound better than before (better than 22.6 or 34.2).

The NAV volume issue persists for me on the built in NAV (resets built in NAV volume to 15 after power cycle). The NAV on Android Auto does stick through power cycles though.

I'm also pretty sure that disabling USB debugging is the correct fix for the "device not supported" error.
To add to my previous post, updating to 39.5 may be a good option for those with blaring onboard NAV volume. While it reverts to 15 after power cycles, 15 is much quieter on 39.5.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reporting on the 39.5 file downloaded from here and tried on a 15 with a 18 UAQ running 22.6: failed 3 times before I gave up. Each time around 30% completion I would get the error 20 code and then after a few it would revert back to the 22.6 previous version. Seems I am one of the lucky ones that radio actually does what it displays it will do with the error, but just wanted to report my experience. I may try a version between my 22.6 and goal to 39.5 files just to see if there is a minimum version to be on in order to go upto 39.5.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Reporting on the 39.5 file downloaded from here and tried on a 15 with a 18 UAQ running 22.6: failed 3 times before I gave up. Each time around 30% completion I would get the error 20 code and then after a few it would revert back to the 22.6 previous version. Seems I am one of the lucky ones that radio actually does what it displays it will do with the error, but just wanted to report my experience. I may try a version between my 22.6 and goal to 39.5 files just to see if there is a minimum version to be on in order to go upto 39.5.
I had the same issue. Changing USB drives worked for me. My 8GB drive wouldn't work, my 32GB did. Same file from here, just different drives...

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issue. Changing USB drives worked for me. My 8GB drive wouldn't work, my 32GB did. Same file from here, just different drives...
Did not change for me when using different sticks, same thing gets to 28-30% around the 30 minute countdown mark and errors to code 20 then reverts back. I will keep trying.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did not change for me when using different sticks, same thing gets to 28-30% around the 30 minute countdown mark and errors to code 20 then reverts back. I will keep trying.
I am going to try the 30.24 update first this time, if takes, then will try jumping to the 39.5. BRB.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's taking the 30.24 right now, so that's a relief... I'll update once that is done and try 39.5 again.
30.24 was a success and now finally have the cargo cam and backup cam app icons! been trying to resolve that for over a year! I have both cams and regularly use them so stoked now to finally get them back. Onto 39.5 update now, hope the android auto volume resetting to 15 goes away and the freezing of the radio too with aa that I thought was resolved by activating sirius xm (by the way that is the trick) but it did do it again recently after 6 months of normalcy...

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
30.24 was a success and now finally have the cargo cam and backup cam app icons! been trying to resolve that for over a year! I have both cams and regularly use them so stoked now to finally get them back. Onto 39.5 update now, hope the android auto volume resetting to 15 goes away and the freezing of the radio too with aa that I thought was resolved by activating sirius xm (by the way that is the trick) but it did do it again recently after 6 months of normalcy...
Success! 39.5 installed without issues. Just waiting for the offroad pages to show as I activated the offroad capable in alphaobd, but did not change special packages. Radio was displaying in small font lower left corner apps and other stuff installing once back up and going so time will tell. I have another work road trip tomorrow so I will be putting another 3k miles on the truck through Friday, should be plenty of time to test etc.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Volumes were partially resolved for me in 34.2. AA and Carplay volumes persisted correctly, but onboard NAV still was very loud and did not persist.

Flashing 39.5 did not correct onboard NAV volume for persistence (still resets to 15 after power cycles). However, volume setting 15 is much lower in volume on 39.5 so its not nearly as jarring when the notifications start.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Success! 39.5 installed without issues. Just waiting for the offroad pages to show as I activated the offroad capable in alphaobd, but did not change special packages. Radio was displaying in small font lower left corner apps and other stuff installing once back up and going so time will tell. I have another work road trip tomorrow so I will be putting another 3k miles on the truck through Friday, should be plenty of time to test etc.
Flashing firmware before a 3,000 mile road trip? You're braver than I thought...

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've tried flashing the new 39.5 firmware update on my UAQ but would not proceed forward. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've tried flashing the new 39.5 firmware update on my UAQ but would not proceed forward. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
What, if anything, occurs when you try to update?

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Alright here is another picture

Attachments

• 20211003_151131.jpg
    20211003_151131.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 49