Adjusting headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after switching to leds i feel like my lights are pointing a bit up. I tried adjusting the angle by inserting a 7mm socket but i rotated for a turn or two and i didnt notice the lights adjusting. So should i keep turning until starts moving? I dont know how far too keep rotating that bolt. Bith sides were the same btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It takes several turns to notice much

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I use the car method.
About 25 feet behind a parked car I aim them so they're just below the rear window.
I'm running 6000k HIDs in reflector housings and have never been flashed yet.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For future reference.... The easiest way to aim the headlights is BEFORE you change out the bulbs or housings, park your car a set distance from a clean wall (the outside garage door works great). I parked mine 25' away and put a chalk mark on the driveway next to the two front tires. Then put two small pieces of painters tape on the garage door at the stock cutoff line. Then took a picture from behind my steering wheel to eliminate any second guessing. Another way is keeping driving towards your closed garage door till the stock cutoff line is level with one of the garage door panel lines. Then stop the truck and mark the driveway so you know where to put your tires when it's time to aim the new ones. Just make sure whatever wall you use is a uniform surface. Don't use stone walls or the back of a garage with shelves and crap piled up.

The next day i installed my new housings and waited till dark. Parked the truck at the line and then using a screwdriver (that's what Alpharex uses) and aimed each headlight till the cutoff line was level with the factory cutoff line. I now had a baseline to know where i wouldn't be blinding anyone. Takes all the guesswork out of it.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For future reference.... The easiest way to aim the headlights is BEFORE you change out the bulbs or housings, park your car a set distance from a clean wall (the outside garage door works great). I parked mine 25' away and put a chalk mark on the driveway next to the two front tires. Then put two small pieces of painters tape on the garage door at the stock cutoff line. Then took a picture from behind my steering wheel to eliminate any second guessing. Another way is keeping driving towards your closed garage door till the stock cutoff line is level with one of the garage door panel lines. Then stop the truck and mark the driveway so you know where to put your tires when it's time to aim the new ones. Just make sure whatever wall you use is a uniform surface. Don't use stone walls or the back of a garage with shelves and crap piled up.

The next day i installed my new housings and waited till dark. Parked the truck at the line and then using a screwdriver (that's what Alpharex uses) and aimed each headlight till the cutoff line was level with the factory cutoff line. I now had a baseline to know where i wouldn't be blinding anyone. Takes all the guesswork out of it.

Thank you. This is where i messed up, i was too excited to put in the new lights that i completely forgot about this step. Is all in the prep work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendo99