Advice on installing door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Darevrin43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually went with 2 pairs of infinity Reference 6030cs components. They are a great fit in the door with the 6x9 bracket and I can mount the tweeter on the bracket. Keeps everything hidden like I wanted and they have great reviews overall. The head unit will come next and then the amp.

Last question, those that run components in the doors do you put 3.5 inch speakers in the dash still or do you leave that space empty. I'll eventually buy the amp for the door speakers and I'm not sure if I can run that amp to the dash as well as to the speakers if the dash speaker is 3.5.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
i put 3.5 infinitys in my dash as well. i had the tweeters from the components mounted like you did but i decided to move them up to the sail panels. sounds alot better imo. i have a regular cab so i more than likely wont add an amp. the kenwood head unit i put it makes those speakers sound great even at higher levels and in a small cab its loud enough for me .