advice on the best halogen upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im a broke a$$ and i wanna upgrade my lights (highs, lows and fogs) but i would like to know the best brands and best vendors. i like the super white lights if that helps. thanks guys

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sylvania silverstar ultra's...

50$ a pair, I use these instead of HID's anymore cause HID's are so hit and miss depending on what you spend. on a side by side comparison you can see an improvement.

OP
OP
H

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
were ya able to get them for high, lows and fogs? where did ya get then?

G_Altima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs. 100% DOT legal. You can get them for $50 - $60 a pair if you order them on EBAY and they are much better than the silverstars in my opinion. I do mostly city driving so i only did my fogs and low beams. Also put them in my gf's car.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Silverstars.......white and yes you can get them for highs lows and fogs. Thats what i run in mine.

G_Altima, Are the PIAA bulbs brighter or do they last longer than the Silverstars?

Last edited:

G_Altima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Silverstars.......white and yes you can get them for highs lows and fogs. Thats what i run in mine.

G_Altima, Are the PIAA bulbs brighter or do they last longer than the Silverstars?

I ran silverstars in my last vehicle and i found the PIAA's seem a little brighter. I never had either kind burn out before and i have had each for numerous years. I started running PIAA's in my foglights on my Nissan Altima back in '98 and fell in love with their products right away. Quite pricey if bought straight from a local dealer ($100+ per pair) but quite reasonable if bought online.

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about these?

Team Destrucktive

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391028559041.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391028559041.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 146

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ I was tempted to try those, as AAP had $10 off a pair recently. I've read some good reviews. They would be my OTC choice. I don't think our fogs come in ZXEs though.

Osram Night Breaker also seems to be a favorite.

Stump3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Before finally upgrading to HID's I ran the PIAA's for a while. Better than the silverstars by a big margin. In the long run though the only way to get enough light out of these trucks is HID's IMO, save up your bucks and when you're ready hit up JJ here on the forum and he will get you squared away.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am running the ZXEs and they are great. Halogen are a great way to go because of the reliability over the HIDs... you get what you pay for. The ZXEs do come in fog lights and are much brighter than stock. I run the ZXEs because I like the whiter color over the Silverstar Ultra, but the ultras will be brighter... but you'll be happy with either. I'll throw up some pics of mine soon

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm thinking of going with the ZXEs as well but I've heard the Philips X-treme Power are good as well.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sylvania overdrives their filaments in order to try and get a brighter output.
That said, one of my PIAA fogs just burnt out after only 13 months.
Whatever you do, don't be a douche and throw a drop-in HID setup and blind everyone else on the road.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
One thing u think is important to consider is the ZXEs have a full year warranty. So basically I run my fogs everywhere because once they go out..... Just gonna go get me a new set lol! The ultras probably have a 1 year but don't quote me, you might want to double check.