AEV Procal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
got my aev procal couple days ago. What a difference. I calibrated the tire size to the appropriate size and what a difference. Shift patterns are so much better. I haven’t noticed the clunk when downshifting before stops.

Now got to deal with tpms. I tried to disable the tpms for the time being but it won’t disable it. Anyone know how to disable it? I folllowed the instructions, the brake light flashes and nothing else happens. No honks.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How did you try and disable it (TPMS)?

AlfaOBD can take care of the TPMS for you if you don't have another app/device to do it. (Actually it could all those things the procal did an more)

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I don’t think you can do anything 100% to the TPMS with just the Procal. I reconfigured my thresholds with the Procal but nothing was completed until the dealer flashed the truck.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How did you try and disable it (TPMS)?

AlfaOBD can take care of the TPMS for you if you don't have another app/device to do it. (Actually it could all those things the procal did an more)

The instructions said to place 1,2,3 switches up and 4-9 down to disable the tpms. tried that, nothing happened.

I don’t think you can do anything 100% to the TPMS with just the Procal. I reconfigured my thresholds with the Procal but nothing was completed until the dealer flashed the truck.

My threshold is now at 50 but light is still on. Now I gotta find a dealer that will reset that. My dealer said they won't touch it. they said there's a reason why the factory sets the rear to 80 and front 65. it's a liability issue.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The instructions said to place 1,2,3 switches up and 4-9 down to disable the tpms. tried that, nothing happened.

My threshold is now at 50 but light is still on. Now I gotta find a dealer that will reset that. My dealer said they won't touch it. they said there's a reason why the factory sets the rear to 80 and front 65. it's a liability issue.

Gotcha, didn't realize the pro cal can change the TPMS, But I think you still have to have the dealer finish the process?

Actually it's right in the instructions..

"Please note: A visit to your local Ram Dealership and use of the WiTech diagnostic tool is required to complete this procedure. "

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's

Yeah I'm not surprised. Go on AEV's website and look for AEV certified Chrysler dealer nearest you, they will do it for you.