AF vs SilverBullet Showdown

AF or Silverbullet

• AF

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Silverbullet

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
i know i need the exhaust done. i really dont feel comfortably driving it to the closest place with all the stops and the ranger game is tonight and its right by the stadium...

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
towing it over there isnt a bad idea at all. running it on the street, even through your neighborhood you risk a stiff ticket. if i were you, i'd get a buddy with a truck, go rent a uhaul trailer for an afternoon and let him tow you to the shop. that truck is NOT street legal, and more importantly, its not street SAFE.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be glad to use our trailer and tow you to the shop if you didn't live so far away.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
The overhead shows 24 miles to empty, I would put 5 gals of gas in it. As for the alternater test. First measure the battery voltage with the engine off. 12.8 vdc is what you should expect with a charged battery. Start the engine and measure the battery while it is running, the voltage should be 13.5 vdc or slightly more. If the voltage is the same or less than with the engine off than something is wrong with the charging system and the alt should be removed and tested. I would install the stock tune and reboot the PCM. The tuner is not going to help until you have it running.

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Ram/2013 Charger R/T Super Trak Pak
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
I think the computer is ok in this instance or your tuner would be giving you a could not flash error I would think.

I don't trust the at home method of reading volts on the charging system either. Take it off and have it benched. It's really the only way to get a "yes or no" answer.

I can't remember which one you have, but you might need to take off the MAP or MAF sensor and test it out as well. Low and high voltage peaks can cause them to mess up. When that happens, you wont idle then either.

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
rained all day today couldnt work on it. exhaust is getting done on tuesday will go from there after...

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
today i started it and had the door open so the over lights were on. well everytime i would give it gas or the rpm surge the lights would get very dim or very bright. this has to be with the alternator not charging right?

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
today i started it and had the door open so the over lights were on. well everytime i would give it gas or the rpm surge the lights would get very dim or very bright. this has to be with the alternator not charging right?

Let me ask you a question about the wrench incident, was the main alt cable not connected to the alt when it came in contact with the wrench?

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Basically if the cable was just dangling and the alt wasn't connected it couldn't have damaged it.

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
idk i was tightening the last bolt on the top right (facing driver side header) and it hit a wire around there...

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Take a photo of the damaged area so we know which you hit... and please tow your truck because if not your gonna be replacing it after a wreck.