Afe shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the AFEs CARB approved?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
But honestly, even if you put them on your truck nothing is going to happen unless you mention to the SMOG shop that you have headers lol .... @the_goodguy07 installed them on his truck last year and I don't think he's had issues with them ...

What I would do is keep your manifolds and if you know you are going to need a SMOG, change them out ...doesn't take that long to do so and you can do it ahead of time ...

They are definitely worth it though

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you planning on doing it yourself?
Hell No! I’m a computer geek who knows his limitations. LOLOLOL

I‘ve got a friend who builds hot rods (one of the few people I’d just toss my keys to). If he‘s interested, then I’ll have him do it. If not, I’ll have to find a shop.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Hell No! I’m a computer geek who knows his limitations. LOLOLOL

I‘ve got a friend who builds hot rods (one of the few people I’d just toss my keys to). If he‘s interested, then I’ll have him do it. If not, I’ll have to find a shop.
If you don't find anyone let me know, already done it and it was actually fun lol ... we can down a few cold ones and make some carne asada and kick back lol ....

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I’m thinking I need to get the headers, Remflex gaskets (already in my Amazon shopping cart), and new ARP bolts?

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I’m thinking I need to get the headers, Remflex gaskets (already in my Amazon shopping cart), and new ARP bolts?
That's the usual suspects for a header job. I have ZERO personal experience with the AFE headers but some/most long tubes require either an aftermarket dipstick or modify your stock one. I'm not sure if that's true with shorty headers or not.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just based on my reading in the forum, it doesn’t appear that the dipstick is an issue. Other than being in an annoying place on the 4x4 trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Just based on my reading in the forum, it doesn’t appear that the dipstick is an issue. Other than being in an annoying place on the 4x4 trucks
The dipstick is not an issue at all ... you just have to move it a bit and you are good to go ...

The "difficult" part which I just found tedious, was the driver side. Getting to some of the bolts on the bottom side was a pain in the ass but with my small hands lol it was pretty easy ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
You don't need new ARP bolts, the bolts the AFE headers come with are fine .. just the gaskets and headers and you are all set ...

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need new ARP bolts, the bolts the AFE headers come with are fine .. just the gaskets and headers and you are all set ...
Sweet! I wasn’t aware the bolts were included.