Aftermarket headunit installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_the_plague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Recently purchased an Atoto A6 android head unit to install into my 2018 RAM 2500 Tradesmen. I have the Axxess XSVI-6523-NAV, Metra 95-6518B Dash Kit, and the Metra 40-EU55 Antenna Adapter. I wired the harness up matching colors, and when I turn on the truck no power to the head unit. I checked the fuse on the radio which was good, and then reinstalled my factory which worked just fine. Leaning toward a bad head unit but wanted to reach out for any additional steps I should try before throwing in the towel. I am going to pick up a voltmeter later to ensure I am getting the correct amount of power on the battery, acc, and ground.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You are on the right path. If you don't have power on the new unit but you do have it on the old one, Id say its a bad radio.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just be be sure I would hook up some alligator clips and try it off the battery to see if it powers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Oetker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was you able to get the harness wired up properly?

I have the same radio and harness. Here is what I found out, per the Harness Manufacture, this harness does not work for the 2018 RAM and they don't know of any harness that does.

Appartenly Dodge redesigned teh UConnect Interface, which won't allow the Axxess XSVI-6523-NAV to work.

Here what I have found, the Red wire in the harness never gets a +12v signal when the key is turned on. If you connect the Red wire to the Yellow wire (for test purposes) the radio will come on and work (yes the Yellow is Constant). Using a multimeter there is no key hot in the harness that I have found. I found +3v, which could be used as a low voltage relay trigger.

Does anyone have a link to a harness or a write-up (on where to tap a key hot)/and what issue there might be by bypassing Dodge's Stupid Connect?

osprey92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm struggling with the same issue. Turned out the harness and and interface ordered from Axxess was not compatible with by 2017. You might want to call them is you have not. Nice folks. 800.253.TECH

Greg Oetker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like you need the iDataLink Harness and the MRR box for about $120 but the radio must be iDataLink compatible, so cheap Chinese Radios like the ATOTO A6 won't work or at least won't work with the data link.

I'm on the fence on buying the iDataLink/MRR and try and set it up without the data link, so I won't have some built-in features . Worse case buy it test and if it don't work return it to Amazon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990