Air horns: Any ideas which / where..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daf Tekno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins L6 5.9
Hi Ram People,

My electric horns are pathetic, so I want to upgrade to something with more presence.
I was thinking of air horns.

As the stock horns are kept under the driver's front wing, can anyone tell me what's the biggest / longest / deepest air horns I can physically fit in that same area?
And where I could buy a set?

I saw a local auto factor selling 'Train Air Horns', which I presume are very deep therefore big / long.
Would these fit in uder there?

Or any other advice in fitting louder / air horns to a Ram 3500 diesel..?

Thanks - D

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I added one of these:
Stebel 11690019 - Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMX20H4/
It is considerably louder than stock, enough to annoy people too busy paying attention to their phones. I have it mounted just forward of the factory horn and wired the relay for it to the factory wiring.

Or for a bunch more $$$$: https://kleinn.com/ram-systems/
but really loud air horns and on board air

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi Ram People,

My electric horns are pathetic, so I want to upgrade to something with more presence.
I was thinking of air horns.

As the stock horns are kept under the driver's front wing, can anyone tell me what's the biggest / longest / deepest air horns I can physically fit in that same area?
And where I could buy a set?

I saw a local auto factor selling 'Train Air Horns', which I presume are very deep therefore big / long.
Would these fit in uder there?

Or any other advice in fitting louder / air horns to a Ram 3500 diesel..?

Thanks - D

https://kleinn.com/ram-systems/

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So the term "pathetic" in your first post invites this question.

What do you intend on doing with your horns?

If the intent is to warn unwary pedestrians of your approach, or alert inattentive drivers that they're drifting into your lane, or to use it as a neighborly hello to the guy next door, then the factory electric horns are sufficient for all of that.

If your intent is to be as loud and obnoxious as possible while startling others on the road and sidewalks, then there are dozens of options in both electric extra-loud horns and air-horn setups. The size and volume are directly proportional to how big a jerk you want to be.

One of the hazards of having loud horns is that it will illicit a higher than average return of the one-finger salute. But perhaps you're into bird-watching as well as being an annoying driver, so you'll get to see your share of birds flipped your way.