Air-Lift kit for 2" rear level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodman2185

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed a Ground Force 2" rear leveling kit ( not a 2/4 kit) on my 2012 Ram CC 4x4 and want to install air bags to control rear end sag when towing my 20' boat and/or carry a heavy load in the bed. I see some folks saying the standard Ram Air-Lift part #60818 bags should still be used even with the 2" shorter springs. Others are recommending the Durango bag part #60824. I called Air-Lift, gave them some spring measurements, and they are saying the standard Ram bags will be too big and will be destroyed within a few days and I should go with the shorter Durango bags. I'm just trying to get real world advice on the right bag kit to use. I want the rear to continue to sit level when not towing/hauling, but raise the rear when added lift is needed. So from those that have only the 2" rear leveling springs, preferably using the GF kit, what I'm looking for is advice on the appropriate bag kit to install. Thanks.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
That a tuff one I'm sure someone that has been through this will chime in but if airlift says go with the durango bag that's were I would go. The ones for them ram might bulge against the springs when fully aired up causeing them to rub.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agree, go with what the mnaufacture suggest, if you have an email from the tech, good to keep that in case you ever need anything replaced IF they are incorrect. But even the 1000's have a shorter bag for lowered trucks.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I started a thread asking the same question. Consensus was Durango bags. Better to be too short than too tall, as the stabilization from the bags is achieved from the bag expanding between coils, as opposed to putting pressure on top and bottom of coils.

OP
OP
R

rodman2185

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the response. I did not know that the lift was achieved by the bag expanding and keeping the coils apart. I imagined it was achieved by not allowing the spring to compress by keeping upper and lower spring seats further apart. :)

thechopstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the response. I did not know that the lift was achieved by the bag expanding and keeping the coils apart. I imagined it was achieved by not allowing the spring to compress by keeping upper and lower spring seats further apart. :)
Have you check the web site suspension connection ? They have quite a fews products on there you might interest , I doing away with the coil feel like Cadillac when driving , just don't like it at all when towing, the nose so high just slap the winds it might could fly . I bought the Hewig power lift it replaced the coil and it automatically adjustment of the weight you hauling , the system just like they had on big rig .

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed a Ground Force 2" rear leveling kit ( not a 2/4 kit) on my 2012 Ram CC 4x4 and want to install air bags to control rear end sag when towing my 20' boat and/or carry a heavy load in the bed. I see some folks saying the standard Ram Air-Lift part #60818 bags should still be used even with the 2" shorter springs. Others are recommending the Durango bag part #60824. I called Air-Lift, gave them some spring measurements, and they are saying the standard Ram bags will be too big and will be destroyed within a few days and I should go with the shorter Durango bags. I'm just trying to get real world advice on the right bag kit to use. I want the rear to continue to sit level when not towing/hauling, but raise the rear when added lift is needed. So from those that have only the 2" rear leveling springs, preferably using the GF kit, what I'm looking for is advice on the appropriate bag kit to install. Thanks.

My rear is dropped 2" and the standard bags are just fine. I even drove 14 hours with a 3" drop, ON THE bumpstops with the same bags, and they're fine. When I called, they told me to buy a kit for an old Land Rover Defender? The bgas didn't fit well, and I went back to the "stock size" bags. I promise you they'll be fine.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
If you haven't gotten bags already check moes performance I was just on his web page and there are airbags for stock and lowered rams.

millwrightguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I think air bag inside of coil is silly. I way rather prefer my setup

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-22-21-07-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-22-21-07-21.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
R

rodman2185

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I just finished installing my Air Lift 1000 bags. I took the advice to get it in writing and sent Air Lift an email requesting their advice on the correct kit. My GF springs measured about 4-1/2" inside and about 8 to 8-1/2" tall on the inside with the truck's weight on the springs. They recommended kit #60763 which seem to fit perfectly. This was also the same kit that they recommended when I called them a week earlier and spoke with a different person. At 5 lbs they keep my truck's lowered look and didn't raise the rear at all. At 35 lbs the rear was raised about an inch. I haven't had my trailer or a load on the back yet so can't comment yet, but I think it will be fine.