Air ride⁹

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Prendergast

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 Ram Limited with the air ride suspension which I lovel that why I switched from GMC. This is the 3rd 500 mi. I have taken after the trip I have the feeling of being on a cruise you know like motion sickness. Has anyone else have experienced this?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you tow a lot?

You can adjust it somewhat? Tire/Jack mode will stop the vehicle for self adjusting, it's like tow haul for trans, Tire/Jack mode will stop auto adjust for air bags. Personally, this is why I don't like air bags, the coil back by itself is all you need to beat other trucks on comfort. If I didn't tow heavy and it bothers you, I would look at taking bags off and crappy as that sounds, and go with bils up front. Firm up the front end and coil back makes the truck smooth on the back and joints. That is why I bought my ram, the coil back suspension.

OP
OP
J

Jim Prendergast

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I did not know about the tire jack mode will try it. Rarely take long trips and I do love the air ride suspension thats why I bought a Limited.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You put it in tire jack mode it's going to ride like a lumber wagon with no shocks. That mode is only for locking out the suspension so you can change the wheel

It has 4 levels of height, if you want it to self adjust the height the least and have the best ride, you need to leave it on the 2nd tick mark from the bottom on the button.

Sounds like you have it in off road or xtra off road mode and yes that will always adjust from high to low depending on speed. Keep it in the second tick mark, you will barely notice it. Also realize that when the truck is raised in the off road modes, you gain clearance but you lose suspension travel and will have a rougher ride.

Last edited:

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The air system has auto leveling while you're driving. Enabling tire jack mode stops the auto leveling from working only when you are not moving. As soon as you start moving it will automatically enable the auto level.

There are a few ways you can stop the auto level process. Pulling the fuse for the compressor after you set the truck at normal ride height and on a leveled terrain, but you will get a seriice air suspension in the dash. You can also use AlphaODB to disable the auto level temporary in the ASCM until you cycle the ignition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca