Air Suspension owners get in here...

My air suspension has been...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casper99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 Longhorn bought new in April of 13 and in December had first issue with service immediately warning, dealer found 3 of 4 lines on manifold cracked. Dealer replaced manifold and compressor.

Good for all of 14 then Jan 15 had warning again and front shocks wouldn't hold air when truck shut off, found moisture in front shocks. Dealer replaced front shocks and compressor again after 2&1/2 month wait for shocks to come in.

Good for all of 16 and then in Jan of 17 had warning again and turned out to be rear shocks and same with moisture freezing the valves open. Was out of warranty but told dealer it was all related to the first issue and they agreed to cover it, otherwise it was $1100cdn a shock.

Going to wait and see what winter 2018/19 brings. All mine were cold weather related -20C / -4F due to moisture in system freezing.

Now if I can just get the gauge cluster staying illuminated problem figured out I'll be happy ram owner.

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2019, 8k miles. So far no issues. Love mine, ride is great.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just heard back from my dealer, said they were working with engineers in Detroit to try and find the problem. They now have narrowed it down to the air system reservoir. It has a leak and the unit is on backorder. 10 days before it's shipped from the USA. It already has a new compressor, air shock, lines and fittings. Really hope this is it, it's been going on 7 weeks since the first visit to service. I'll have to wait and see if this actually fix's the issue. They said to just stay in the rental, 2018 Laramie no air ride. Never air again after this go around.

indefatigable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had a 2013 Longhorn with just over 200,000km. with no suspension problems. One January morning with the temperature -14C, I found the rear end down on both sides. It did not make financial sense to repair the problem.
I now have a 2015 Laramie with about 170,000km. No suspension problems until last week. The "immediate suspension" light came on. By luck I was near a dealer. By greater luck, they were not busy on a Friday late afternoon. After a thorough inspection, they felt the problem was only the warning light coming on by mistake. They allowed they occasionally saw this false warning if a truck had been sitting in very cold temperatures. It had been unusually cold in Southern Ontario. With a miserable back, I really like the air suspension and heated seats!

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Poll needs some additional options. Mine has issues, but I don't dare let the dealer mess with it, for fear of them making it worse, or bricking my UConnect while doing software updates.
I just accept them as a poor design and live with it (much less frustrating than multiple trips to the dealer and all the lost time).

My air suspension is very slow all the time, no matter the temperature. Takes nearly 30 seconds to go full stroke.

In the winter, when the temps are below 20F, it sometimes just won't move at all. Not up, not down. Have to pull into a 50 degree garage and let it sit all night before it will move again. And it's not consistent. I've had it move just fine one day and freeze up on the next, and then work on the next...all the same temps.

If you park it on an uneven surface and one of the corners moves to a position different from the other three, it won't move. You have to pull it on to level terrain so that all sensors are at the same position, before it will move again. This especially sucks when I'm off-road, loading firewood. The auto-leveling feature, which works great when you load up on the level, won't adjust when you're loading up and one wheel is dropped into a dip or compressed up from a bump (things that are quite common off of the paved road).

kperugini

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI
My 2014 with only 32,000 miles just got the air ride suspension needs immediate service/repair. Front end dropped down on bump stops and tires bowed out. Back end remained up. Obviously can't be driven. Had it towed to dealer and awaiting the news. This happened right after temperature outside dropped to 11 degrees - not really that cold, but mentioning this because I have seen other posts where air ride is impacted by temp.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 with only 32,000 miles just got the air ride suspension needs immediate service/repair. Front end dropped down on bump stops and tires bowed out. Back end remained up. Obviously can't be driven. Had it towed to dealer and awaiting the news. This happened right after temperature outside dropped to 11 degrees - not really that cold, but mentioning this because I have seen other posts where air ride is impacted by temp.

Sounds like the saga is just beginning, but I hope not for your sake. Let's hope it's just a fuse in your case.

chopperguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 13 with 76k on it now, only had one issue and that was last winter when it blew a fuse during a cold snap. It was in my heated garage which stays at about 55 degrees took it out for a short time, -15 degrees to help a buddy with his stereo. Pulled it back in and the front dropped to the bump stops and the rear was in off road 2, with the service immediately warning.
I’ve noticed its always a little quirky during the winter, usually won’t lower to entry/exit mode if it’s below about 15 degrees. Or if it does go into that mode it only stay there for about 30 seconds before it raises itself back up.
Other then that I absolutely love it! I will order my next one with it as well. Hopefully it will have something like the 426 hemi they’ve been rumoring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kamchakaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7LV8
Hi, 222000 km, with no issue, Italy, with winter in snow field..some minor issue, no level up, vanished after 10 minute of engine running.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi, 222000 km, with no issue, Italy, with winter in snow field..some minor issue, no level up, vanished after 10 minute of engine running.

Nice to hear a success story, I'm sure there are thousands more that are trouble free. Must owners only post here when they have a problem or issues.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Horrible time with air ride. They could never figure out why it would lower on the freeway to entry exit height, so I traded the truck for a new one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Picked up my truck this afternoon, same height on drivers and passengers side. The told me it didn't drop over the weekend. Anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning. If it don't drop overnight in 0-1c temps then I will also post the solution to this long drawn out process.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up my truck this afternoon, same height on drivers and passengers side. The told me it didn't drop over the weekend. Anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning. If it don't drop overnight in 0-1c temps then I will also post the solution to this long drawn out process.

What did they say was the problem? Or do they even know, considering how many parts they threw at it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Checked the truck this morning with measuring tape and much to my surprise it didn't drop and it's the same height on the passenger and drivers sides.
IMG_1058.jpg IMG_1057.jpg I'm a happy camper with my fingers crossed. Service adviser told me they had reached out all across north America looking for help with no response. The engineer that my mechanic worked with was the key to getting this fixed. Once I opened a star case with FCA the dealership had full support. I've post their findings from last 4 weeks in the shop. I have more reports but they are a mute item now.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checked the truck this morning with measuring tape and much to my surprise it didn't drop and it's the same height on the passenger and drivers sides.
View attachment 149524 View attachment 149525 I'm a happy camper with my fingers crossed. Service adviser told me they had reached out all across north America looking for help with no response. The engineer that my mechanic worked with was the key to getting this fixed. Once I opened a star case with FCA the dealership had full support. I've post their findings from last 4 weeks in the shop. I have more reports but they are a mute item now.

Holy ****, I wonder how much that bill cost FCA. Glad to hear they got it fixed and yeah, I really didn’t think it would be unfixable.

I dunno, I hate to say this, but I’d almost be tempted to just go ahead and trade it for that new 19 you ordered, now that they got that one fixed and free of problems. Like I said, I’m glad they finally got the damn thing fixed but damn what, 5 weeks later? That’s just unacceptable.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Holy ****, I wonder how much that bill cost FCA. Glad to hear they got it fixed and yeah, I really didn’t think it would be unfixable.

I dunno, I hate to say this, but I’d almost be tempted to just go ahead and trade it for that new 19 you ordered, now that they got that one fixed and free of problems. Like I said, I’m glad they finally got the damn thing fixed but damn what, 5 weeks later? That’s just unacceptable.

It was actually 6 weeks. First week I was in a Durango RT, second time was a week and I was in a 18 Ram. The last go around was 4 weeks and I was in a 18 Laramie. In situations like this one has to open a star case in order to get the full support of FCA. I hope my posting will help other Ram owners with air suspension issues. Regarding the 2019, it will be in the dealership in the early new year. We'll see what kind of numbers they come up with. The owner of the dealership told me he would give me max for my truck if I wanted to get rid of it. This truck could go forever now without issues and it could be on the stops tomorrow.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much for posting your experience here. I’m scheduled to drop off my truck for the same issues that you have had this coming Friday to my dealer. I’m thinking I will simply point them directly to this thread as a reference source! [emoji3]

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks so much for posting your experience here. I’m scheduled to drop off my truck for the same issues that you have had this coming Friday to my dealer. I’m thinking I will simply point them directly to this thread as a reference source! [emoji3]

You're welcome
Good luck with your truck and yes by all means point them to my experience. I'm hoping my post will help many others that have a similar issue with air suspension.