Air Suspension owners get in here...

My air suspension has been...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a used 17 had over a year. Live in northern VT and have a camp in northern NH that I drive to often in winter and summer. No issues last winter multiple trips below 0. No issues until this past weekend first time towing an enclosed 4 place sled trailer. Fine on the way up on the way back of the 3 hr drive got the service air warning and front of the truck is stuck down. Last truck I had was a 15 eco diesel that I traded back after 2 months of issues for this truck. Love the comforts of the newer trucks but very discouraging to be having issues again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chopperguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just went through a pretty brutal cold snap here in Minnesota, was 25-30 below with highs below zero! Of course at night my truck is in a heated garage, but it sat outside during the days at work. Had no issues with the air-ride! I have a 13 Laramie with 78,000 miles.
I was going to attach the photo showing -15 when I left work but apparently it says that’s inappropriate material and wouldn’t let me post it...

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the ride of my truck first issue I have had with the air suspension.
Turns out blew the fuse due to a faulty compressor and apparently there is an updated compressor. Glad I bought that extended warranty...

Mark from Toronto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
2014 Longhorn here, based in southern Ontario. Any time the weather gets cold (-10 or greater it seems) my air suspension drops to the lowest setting and doesn't move. Happens on all four, and the truck can't be driven. I've taken it to the dealer twice, but there's no record in the computer about the issue and by the time they investigate it's been in the shop long enough for the problem to solve itself (i.e. it warms up). Very frustrating that I can't use my truck for 3+ months of the year, no idea what to do apart from selling and buying another without the air suspension. There seems to be a lot of talk about this on various threads and other forums, but I can't find any sort of consistency on the problem... happens to some, others are fine.

Pretty miffed about it, that's for sure.

cwirth7

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rebel 5.7
I know I shouldn't be doing this.....

2016 Rebel. 25K miles. No issues at all. No lean or anything. It's been as cold as 5F here and no quirks at all. This weekend we're expecting 8-12" of snow and temps at around -15F with the wind chill. I guess we'll really see if I have an issue then.

Well, we got down to -30 actual temp this past week. I drove it one time during those two HORRIBLE days. No issues at all, except it felt like I was in a farm truck. BUT, the TMPS went crazy.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Longhorn here, based in southern Ontario. Any time the weather gets cold (-10 or greater it seems) my air suspension drops to the lowest setting and doesn't move. Happens on all four, and the truck can't be driven. I've taken it to the dealer twice, but there's no record in the computer about the issue and by the time they investigate it's been in the shop long enough for the problem to solve itself (i.e. it warms up). Very frustrating that I can't use my truck for 3+ months of the year, no idea what to do apart from selling and buying another without the air suspension. There seems to be a lot of talk about this on various threads and other forums, but I can't find any sort of consistency on the problem... happens to some, others are fine.

Pretty miffed about it, that's for sure.

Sorry for your pain, I had the same issue and decided to trade for a non air ride truck

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up truck after compressor replaced and its back to normal. Again glad I have the extended warranty. 55d6103886f4fc2abc7e648b93c4b6b5.jpg

Univoftnvol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually there are now at least two vendors that make an air suspension compatible lift kit. One of them is BDS and I cannot remember the other one:

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=2&mo=16&ty=107&yr=2013-2018

If anyone has issues Arnott Air Suspension who has been in this categoryfor over 30 years has launched OE Replacements for both the front air struts and rear air springs. Fits 2013 - 2018. Front air struts part number is AS-3017, rear air springs A-3016. Premium components.

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5k miles, lifted 6”, open terrain tires, and no issues with my air suspension. Had my lift on since a 1k miles.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry for your pain, I had the same issue and decided to trade for a non air ride truck
Looks like I'm starting to have troubles. Front left was always low about .75". Now it settles an inch or so overnight and levels out as soon as I start it. I suspect that means a leak and air now entering the system. I'm dreading winter if that's the case.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Looks like I'm starting to have troubles. Front left was always low about .75". Now it settles an inch or so overnight and levels out as soon as I start it. I suspect that means a leak and air now entering the system. I'm dreading winter if that's the case.
That's exactly the issue i had. Never got resolved.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Same here still. It’s warm enough here now that I’m no longer having blown fuse issues and suspension maintenance warnings, but I’m still lower in the front left every morning.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Same here still. It’s warm enough here now that I’m no longer having blown fuse issues and suspension maintenance warnings, but I’m still lower in the front left every morning.

This is not encouraging

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I feel for you, If you can afford it dump it. I couldn't enjoy my retirement worrying about the suspension 24/7 so I got rid of it and I haven't looked back.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I did not know the air suspension had a filter and actually is intended to draw air from the outside as needed.

At the advice of another member I pulled my passenger tail light and wow I found it. Apparently it's a filter just to stop debris but not moisture. This explains how, over time, the system will fail. Supposedly it's filled with nitrogen but over time as air escapes it'll pull from the outside to maintain the amount of air in the system.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

full

full

Also here is the OEM part. Zero real information on this guy.

https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-...9cmFtJm89MTUwMCZ5PTIwMTUmdD1sYXJhbWllJmU9NHg0

OP
OP
Nystagmus

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
WOW....how are we just now hearing about this ?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Known to be nothing but issues up here in the north. My local dealer wont even bring in air ride equipped trucks unless they are customer ordered and even then he joked that they make em sign a waiver that they are aware of potential issues

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm in southern CA. Truck was with the dealer for 4 months. Finally got lemoned. No cold weather here.