Air Suspension owners get in here...

My air suspension has been...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Had a 2015 limited, got lemoned back for the air ride. I loved that truck. Upgraded to a 2500 Laramie.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a 2015 limited, got lemoned back for the air ride. I loved that truck. Upgraded to a 2500 Laramie.

Hoping they will do the same for me. How many miles were on your truck?

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Around 18k miles i believe. Are you in the process with fca now?

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

How does the lemon law process work from a trade in standpoint? Did FCA give you a worthwhile deal to get you into the 2500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
A year and a half in on my '17, no issues at all.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you who are problem free, what is your climate? Do you see freezing temps on a regular basis? Seems issues are mostly winter season related from what I’ve observed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve only had my 2018 Limited for almost a year now and even though it doesn’t get that close that often to 0° temps around here in the winter, there are occasions where the mercury dips to the low teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DSO1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, bought mine in August 2,200 miles and no issues so far, love it. Other quirks, but none with air suspension

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"Completely unique to the light-duty segment, the automatic or driver-operated
Active-LevelTM Four-Corner Air Suspension System is available on all trim levels
(except Ram HFE). The system has been modified for 2019 Ram 1500, now
with a redesigned air supply unit in a single unit to increase capability and
reduce weight. It’s also been retuned for the new, lighter-weight frame and
chassis components."

4600 miles on my 2019. No issues with the air suspension so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tom martley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have a 2014 Longhorn 1500 and the air suspension has gone flat twice. The temp. in both cases was above 60 degrees. I did not get any notice from instruments, no check engine light. Dealer refilled suspension system twice and fixed nothing. Said they could not find anything wrong. Well, if their was nothing wrong it would not have gone flat. I fully expect this to happen again. This problem is occurring all over the country, especially in cold weather country.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 I bought new.
Last winter on the coldest day on record I got an error that air suspension needed to be serviced.
After it warmed up a bit, it went away.

crash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my 2015 Longhorn I've only owned about a year. I didn't want the air suspension but buying used I couldn't completely pick and choose.

last winter (over the entire winter season) I had it freeze up stuck in whatever position I had it in, on 3 separate occasions. ie. once I was in entry mode. once I was in normal mode. once in off road 1. each resulting in 'service air suspension immediately' message. after the 3rd instance. I pulled it into my warehouse at work and let it thaw out for 4 hrs. got it back to normal mode and left it there until spring.

many people talk about the ride quality being great with the air suspension. I would debate that. on the highway it's nice and smooth. everything else I find harsh. it compares to the stock coil spring setup that my 2010 sport had. UNTIL I changed everything to Bilstiens. I miss the ride quality / handling of them so much.

I have yet to take the truck to the dealer for any air suspension related issues. I suspect there will be more issues with it this winter. so far 43,000 km (or 27,000 miles). I'm located in Ontario, Canada.

jimsummers74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've written on it several times. It works as advertised but its a pin in the butt unloading my travel trailer. As I raise up the trailer ball off the truck's hitch, the air suspension raises up with me. I've found a work around at times (lv'ing a door open, going to "Jack" mode) but to be honest I forget now what works. Every time it's a new world to me. My fault I'm sure but what a pain.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my 2015 Longhorn I've only owned about a year. I didn't want the air suspension but buying used I couldn't completely pick and choose.

last winter (over the entire winter season) I had it freeze up stuck in whatever position I had it in, on 3 separate occasions. ie. once I was in entry mode. once I was in normal mode. once in off road 1. each resulting in 'service air suspension immediately' message. after the 3rd instance. I pulled it into my warehouse at work and let it thaw out for 4 hrs. got it back to normal mode and left it there until spring.
Sounds to me like you got some air in that system. That nitrogen shouldn’t freeze and nothing in that pump should freeze either if there’s no moisture in it.

many people talk about the ride quality being great with the air suspension. I would debate that. on the highway it's nice and smooth. everything else I find harsh. it compares to the stock coil spring setup that my 2010 sport had. UNTIL I changed everything to Bilstiens. I miss the ride quality / handling of them so much.
I guess the ride quality is subjective but I sure like mine. Matter of fact, it was what sold me on it. Even with my close to 15 pound heavier, 8 ply BFG at’s,my truck does still ride relatively smooth given the non forgiving tires I put on it.

As far as changing to those bilsteins, that was probably why your ride was that good. I dunno, comparing an air bag to a spring is debatable but for example, comparing mine to my old spring ride 3rd Gen, this one takes the cake on ride smoothness. Would those bilsteins have helped out better than the Rancho RS5000’s I put on it? Probably so but I don’t think you can find an aftermarket air strut for these trucks. I guess if you can, somebody will chime in. I’ve thought about changing the back shocks to some bilsteins but I don’t know how they’d work in cooperation to the stock shocks up front.

I have yet to take the truck to the dealer for any air suspension related issues. I suspect there will be more issues with it this winter. so far 43,000 km (or 27,000 miles). I'm located in Ontario, Canada.
Are you outta warranty time wise? If not I’d get it there and see if they can do something for ya.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've written on it several times. It works as advertised but its a pin in the butt unloading my travel trailer. As I raise up the trailer ball off the truck's hitch, the air suspension raises up with me. I've found a work around at times (lv'ing a door open, going to "Jack" mode) but to be honest I forget now what works. Every time it's a new world to me. My fault I'm sure but what a pain.

I don’t have this problem with my little 10 foot, single axle utility trailer because it’s so light but the one time I did pull a fairly heavy duty 18 foot flatbed, I found it no harder than hooking it up to a non air ride truck but when uncoupling, I just treated it like unhooking a trailer from my Peterbilt; I just dropped the jack down a little past it touching the ground, and put the truck into entry/exit mode. Worked out pretty good. [emoji846]

Last edited:

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 Limited 81 k at trade - no issues, 2017 Limited at 71 k no issues. Ordered a 19 Limited with air suspension today. In Ontario where it gets cold and damp.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had a 2009 with 85,000 no problem with the air suspension, just when the rear end went out at 85,000 but was covered under the recall notice that I got in the mail the same day as the failure.

Ram Fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Limited
Engine
EcoDiesel, GDE tuned, 3.55 axle ratio
I have a 2016 Laramie that I ordered from the factory - 31,000 Km with no issues so far. I live in Ontario Canada so it gets quite cold at times. I don't drive mine a lot as it's primarily for vacation usage and pulling my RV so it'll sit sometimes for weeks at a time and last winter I started noticing a slight drop of the right front after sitting for a couple of weeks but as soon as I start it up it levels out and everything works fine. For towing I find it's great because as soon as it senses the weight of the trailer the compressor comes on for a bit and levels it right back up again. I'm very happy with it overall.