Air Suspension - Revel Links Needed with Spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coll4646

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Probably a dumb question but I'm looking to level out my ram w/ air suspension.

Was looking at the Revel "advanced" lift package that has both the spacers and revel links. I can't seem to figure out the point of the revel links if you install the spacer.

With spacers in, the truck is leveled and air suspension should work fine. At that point, what is the need for the Revel links? I guess you could raise it above a "level" if you wanted to?

I've got a 1.5" rake on mine (22 vs 23.5), thinking I'll probably just do the 1.5" Readylift spacers and UCA vs the whole revel package.

Thx for any help!

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The spacer will go on top of the front air shock but will not lift the truck. The links are what lifts the truck and the spacer will make the ride less harsh if you decide to go higher. You can just run the links alone and see if you like the ride quality. Also if you buy aftermarket UCAs make sure that it has the air suspension ball knob for the links.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie with Air suspension, 1.5 spacers, links and UCAs (Freedom off Road). Raised it 2 inches in the front. The ride is good but by no means OEM quality.

Last edited:

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me start by saying I am a complete newbie to leveling/lift kits but I did a ton of research on the Revel Performance kit as I wanted something that worked with the air suspension on my 2023 1500 Limited. I am sure you both already know most of what I can share but hopefully some of it will be useful.

So I recently installed the Revel Performance Lift Kit with Front & Rear Links and 2.0” Daystar Spacers. The instructions and the Tech I spoke to at Revel said that you cannot use the spacers without the links on air ride equipped trucks. The revel links replace your factory links and they are what "fool" the air suspension system into thinking the new raised height is the new normal ride height, so it will not try to lower it like it does when you are in OR1 or OR2 and you go above a certain speed. If you only use the spacers I believe you will cause the air suspension system to fault as it will keep trying to return to the normal ride height and the spacer will be working against it. I am no expert but the tech support from Revel was very helpful and I had an experienced installer so I wouldn't screw it up.

Like AzCats mentioned above, you can just go with the links in the front to level it but you will get a stiffer ride as the air shocks will remain inflated as if you are in OR1 or OR2. The spacers provide the lift without needing to keep the air shocks full and the links fool the system to adjust to new normal height.

End result for me was a 2.5” lift to the normal ride height overall while maintaining the smooth factory ride....still have a rake of approx 1.5-1.75 which I like for when I am towing or carrying heavy load. I am very happy it overall. Link to kit below in case you want to check it out.

https://www.revelperformance.com/products/packages/revel-basic-lift-package/

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

1680731151705.png