Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrayGrayNayNay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hello everyone! First post here. 2015 2500 cummins with air suspension. 2 questions - 1. Is the air suspension independently routed to each side of the truck (I'm getting rocking back and forth when I have my slide in camper on and I wonder if its "squeezing" air from side to side instead of one side holding its own independently. 2. Is there a DIY we know of that allows us to use the air compressor to inflate tires etc?

Thanks for the ideas and wisdom!

Matthew

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello everyone! First post here. 2015 2500 cummins with air suspension. 2 questions - 1. Is the air suspension independently routed to each side of the truck (I'm getting rocking back and forth when I have my slide in camper on and I wonder if its "squeezing" air from side to side instead of one side holding its own independently. 2. Is there a DIY we know of that allows us to use the air compressor to inflate tires etc?

Thanks for the ideas and wisdom!

Matthew
I haven't looked at the air line setup from the reservoir in quite a while but I know the system well. Each airbag has its own dedicated air line from the reservoir. Each bag can be raised or lowered independently of the other or they can be raised or lowered together by the module.

When you say you are experiencing rocking "back and forth" do you mean from side to side or actually front to rear?

For the DIY air compressor to air up tires it's a no-go. You don't have any way to control the module that controls the compressor and the reservoir does not have a lot of volume either.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said.
Sounds like you might need to upgrade at least the rear sway bar, Hellwig makes one for heavy towing/hauling, Part Number: 7306 Big Wig Rear Sway Bar

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Each corner is regulated independent of the other although they work in unison through the computer.

OP
OP
G

GrayGrayNayNay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks much guys. I did see a sway bar on there, so I think I'll go ahead and look at that Hellwig upgrade. Good to know they are not "exchanging" air.

How about any DIY's on using the onboard compressor for other inflating needs?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks much guys. I did see a sway bar on there, so I think I'll go ahead and look at that Hellwig upgrade. Good to know they are not "exchanging" air.

How about any DIY's on using the onboard compressor for other inflating needs?
There aren't any feasible ways to utilize the onboard compressor for anything else. 5he compressor is not very big as expected and the reservoir just doesn't have that much volume to do other things.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Each corner is regulated independent of the other although they work in unison through the computer.
Just to be clear, on the 2500's the air suspension is only for the rear. It's self regulating, except that you can choose the "alternate ride height" to drop the backend an inch.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's a closed nitrogen system so you can't use it for filling tires etc. It keeps moisture out of the system that way making it more reliable for the average user. No way to use it as a normal compressor for filling tires etc.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a closed nitrogen system so you can't use it for filling tires etc. It keeps moisture out of the system that way making it more reliable for the average user. No way to use it as a normal compressor for filling tires etc.
the 2500? as far as I know it is NOT a closed nitrogen like the 1500 system at least on my friends 2015 the compressor is sucking air and there are NO N2 tanks onboard just an air tank

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
We're on our 2nd truck camper on our 2015 2500 with rear air. As the current one is a bit heavier than the 1st, I went with the Hellwig sway bar. Should of done it a long time ago. Much better with the truck camper and the 25' gooseneck when I take my tractor to the farm 500 miles away. The rear just feels planted. Big Wig Rear Sway Bar #7306.