Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the air suspension on a 2500 actually soften the ride when unloaded, or is it purely there to adjust the back end up to level when heavy loads are present?

Cant decide if its worth the money. I want a ride as close as possible to my ‘18 1500 on four corner air suspension. I know the 2500 will be rougher, but looking for the softest version of rougher.

Thx

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Best thing for ride quality is to stick with 17" or 18" wheels, 20" wheels and tires with minimal sidewall ride horrible.

matemike

Reaction score
Power wagon ? softer suspension. Prob softest 2500 on the market tpday.
If you do tow, then no PW IMO.

dynocompe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what suspension you get should be determined by what you are mainly using the truck for. Do you want diesel or no? I am not even going to consider the PW because i think that truck is useless for a 3/4 ton. If you are just going to use this truck as a daily driver, coil springs will be your best bet. If you are doing light towing like a boat or small camper, coil again will easily be able to handle it. If you are a weekend camper that tows quite a bit, air suspension is going to be the way to go. If you are towing heavy very frequently, a 3500 really should be what you are after. I have owned the coils, ride is nice, i just ordered a new truck and getting the air bags this time. The ride shouldnt be noticably different on the highway, which I do a lot of, but I also haul water tanks every few weeks, my dump trailer and tractor, so I wanted the air bags as the coils were squatting but easily pulled it. It may be a bit rougher around town, but I am honestly not that picky. If you are looking to add suspension upgrades, coil has more options, some kits dont work with the airbags! Good luck