Airbag Service Message and SOS system inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockymtmboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Larmie 6.7. My first RAm truck. Withonly 23,000 miles i suddenly have a service airbag soon message in my messahe que and on my 12 inch screen it say SOS system not inop as well. Soonest any ram dealership can get me in in 3 1/2 week out. I sure i dont get in accident since neither of these systems is working. And I ma stil on a waiting list for the recalls for grid heater and transmission disptick issue. Not happy with my forst RAM truck

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Larmie 6.7. My first RAm truck. Withonly 23,000 miles i suddenly have a service airbag soon message in my messahe que and on my 12 inch screen it say SOS system not inop as well. Soonest any ram dealership can get me in in 3 1/2 week out. I sure i dont get in accident since neither of these systems is working. And I ma stil on a waiting list for the recalls for grid heater and transmission disptick issue. Not happy with my forst RAM truck
Please keep us updated on the issue. But I have to say, using the phrase "only 23,000 miles" on a truck that isn't even a year old...that's a lot of miles, Rocky.

Robert Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 SLT w/ 147K miles on the clock. About 2 months ago I started getting intermittent messages regarding the Service Airbag System. The light would come on and the chime would sound about 5 times per day. Then it got gradually worse as the light and chime would activate about 100 times per day. It was getting very annoying. I would unplug and plug the connectors without any success in stopping the airbag service message. Finally, I unbolted the seats and accessed the airbag module so I could get the part number for it. I disconnected the batteries first and unplugged the two cables from the module and let it remain without power for about 30 minutes. I blew out both the male and female ends of the connectors with compressed air to make sure everything was clean. I reconnected the module, bolted the seats back in, reconnected the plugs under the seats, and reconnected the batteries in the truck. It’s been a full day and about 15 start/stop cycles and so far the Airbag Service light/chime has not been back on. We’ll see how long this lasts.

ksuich23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any luck with getting this issue addressed? I have the same Message... Long lead time to get into dealer as well..

2017PowerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 SLT w/ 147K miles on the clock. About 2 months ago I started getting intermittent messages regarding the Service Airbag System. The light would come on and the chime would sound about 5 times per day. Then it got gradually worse as the light and chime would activate about 100 times per day. It was getting very annoying. I would unplug and plug the connectors without any success in stopping the airbag service message. Finally, I unbolted the seats and accessed the airbag module so I could get the part number for it. I disconnected the batteries first and unplugged the two cables from the module and let it remain without power for about 30 minutes. I blew out both the male and female ends of the connectors with compressed air to make sure everything was clean. I reconnected the module, bolted the seats back in, reconnected the plugs under the seats, and reconnected the batteries in the truck. It’s been a full day and about 15 start/stop cycles and so far the Airbag Service light/chime has not been back on. We’ll see how long this lasts.
Hi Robert
So I guess this issue is not covered under warranty?
Did your fix work long term? Thanks