Alarm keeps going off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Bailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2011 Ram 3500 6.7 SRW megacab. Alarm goes off several times a day (mainly at night). I put fresh batteries in the fob and made sure there was no corrosion on any of the contacts.

I need to disconnect the thing while I’m troubleshooting so I don’t continue to **** off all the neighbors off.

any ideas?

Many thanks,

Dave

Sickly-story430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m currently having the same exact issue. Alarm just randomly going off. I had to unplug the horn to keep my sanity.
I haven’t fixed it yet, but through research, I think the RF hub has something to do with this.

My key fob is doing funny stuff as well. It will trigger the alarm if I press the unlock or lock twice. Then started setting off alarm if I press lock once. Had to manually lock the truck. Has your fob done any of this?

I will keep you posted once I figure more out on this.

Sickly-story430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday and today I ran some tests. I took the fob apart and took the battery out and waited for the alarm to go off all day, but it didn’t. When I put the fob back together, alarm goes off...

Trody17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The key fob may be going bad. I would try a replacement the key fob or reprogram the one you have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sickly-story430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I’m thinking the same. With covid19, work is slowing down and I gotta pay my bills. Then plan to handle this problem after when I can

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007