Alarm when starting truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I recently purchased a 21 Ram 3500 4x4. When ever I start the truck an alarm of sorts goes off shortly after starting. Not sure what it could be. Nothing pops up on the Dash saying something is wrong. I recorded the alert for the dealership as sometimes it does not do it. They think it may be a theft protection alert. But in order to find out I need to make an appointment and leave the truck with them for the day so they can try and figure it out. Wondering if anyone else has come across this, as if it something simple rather not lose my truck for a day. Tried uploading a video with the alarm sound but even with it trimmed its to large.

zrojas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I recently purchased a 21 Ram 3500 4x4. When ever I start the truck an alarm of sorts goes off shortly after starting. Not sure what it could be. Nothing pops up on the Dash saying something is wrong. I recorded the alert for the dealership as sometimes it does not do it. They think it may be a theft protection alert. But in order to find out I need to make an appointment and leave the truck with them for the day so they can try and figure it out. Wondering if anyone else has come across this, as if it something simple rather not lose my truck for a day. Tried uploading a video with the alarm sound but even with it trimmed its to large.
Does it honk twice when the parking lamps flash before the remote start? That's normal. If you go to the settings on the Uconnect radio you can turn the honking off. Once you do that, the lights will flash, but it won't make a sound.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
No, when I say alarm sort of you can literally only hear it from the interior of the truck. Kind of sounds like a cheap alarm system siren.

RCJeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8
Last edited:
OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
ok will check that out. That is definitely what it sounds like.

SKS 800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I also have a 2021 3500 that I've had for a few weeks. My truck did the same thing as you mentioned.

I turned my front and rear parking sensors off when I got the truck and leave them off. When my truck started making the alarming noise it was inside the cab and I had to cycle the parking sensors on and off to get it to quit.

I'm guessing it may have been a periodic reminder that the sensors are in the off position.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Actually found out the truck was brought in from another dealer. I guess the put that alarm on all the vehicles on their lot. Took it back to my dealer and they removed it.

Retiredsailor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue, but it does it when I drive off and on. And when I park occasionally It’s loud and annoying.