alfaOBD aftermarket rear view camera activation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,
I need help, activating an aftermarket tail gate handle camera for a 2016 Ram1500. I have the alfaOBD but there's a few rear view cameras on the menu. I have the 8.4 stock radio. Help.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Novawill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
On my 2018 Tradesman the display is in the rearview mirror not the radio.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
javier_si04

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I activated anything that pertained to the rear view camera, backed out of the nvm then shut truck down for a half hour. Came back and it worked
How did you did it? What options did you used?

Thanks.

leowes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is just the camera aftermarket or is the whole set up after market? How is it wired?

leowes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did this replace an oem camera? Did the truck have a backup camera before?

leowes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you hook it up to the radio? I installed the mopar kit and it had me wire it to the radio, bcm, and front fuse block

OP
OP
javier_si04

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you hook it up to the radio? I installed the mopar kit and it had me wire it to the radio, bcm, and front fuse block
I connected the harness to the one that connects to the radio them connected it back to the radio

leowes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So once your are connected with alfaobd, select bcm in the first menu select rear camera grid display, then go into change configuration as you scroll down through the menu click on any rear camera pods you see and activate. Once through back out of Alfa obd and disconnect, turn off truck and wait 30 min. That should do it. As for what particular lines you need to access and what they are called I don’t know I would have to boot up my Alfa obd and look. This is what I did to activate my camera twice. Hope this helps

OP
OP
javier_si04

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So once your are connected with alfaobd, select bcm in the first menu select rear camera grid display, then go into change configuration as you scroll down through the menu click on any rear camera pods you see and activate. Once through back out of Alfa obd and disconnect, turn off truck and wait 30 min. That should do it. As for what particular lines you need to access and what they are called I don’t know I would have to boot up my Alfa obd and look. This is what I did to activate my camera twice. Hope this helps
Thank you, brother.