AlfaOBD and Parking Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod Plunger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,
New to the truck, and new to the forum. I have searched to the best of my ability, but can't find an answer so I am sorry if this is a repeat.

I have a 2013 1500 Bighorn that I am getting the "Service Parksense Sensors" alert whenever I go into reverse. I do not have front sensors.

I have replaced all 4 sensors on the bumper, have AlfaOBD on my android phone, and have successfully paired to a bluetooth OBD II device. I have also uploaded my log for my truck to make sure I can get back to basics.

Can someone tell me the steps I need to take in AlfaOBD (assuming I can!) for "flashing" the sensors? Or "reseting" the sensors? Or is there something else I need to do, besides visit a stealership? I seem to be a bit stuck and would like to get them working again.

Thanks for any advice.

IMG_20201025_085306.jpg

yordanmedina82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am going through the same issues. Mine is with led brake lights. I bought the App and a the BlueDriver. It connect with it but when I try to go to Body Conputer and than select the Control Unit option it gives an error.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is no flashing or programming for the sensors. If you replaced all the sensors with proper ones than that wasn’t the problem. That’s why it’s best to check the codes and perform some diagnostics first.

Read the codes in the PTS (Parktronics Sensor) module and see what codes are set. Right down what’s there, then clear them all, test operation of the sensors by puting it in reverse and see if the light still comes on. Then check for codes and go from there.

OP
OP
Rod Plunger

Rod Plunger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah, ok. Thank you! Hopefully I can track it down. Any usual suspects in the system that make it not work?

There is no flashing or programming for the sensors. If you replaced all the sensors with proper ones than that wasn’t the problem. That’s why it’s best to check the codes and perform some diagnostics first.

Read the codes in the PTS (Parktronics Sensor) module and see what codes are set. Right down what’s there, then clear them all, test operation of the sensors by puting it in reverse and see if the light still comes on. Then check for codes and go from there.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ah, ok. Thank you! Hopefully I can track it down. Any usual suspects in the system that make it not work?
Sensors are the most common, with wiring being the second. Since the wiring is fairly exposed it’s susceptible to corrosion and damage. Based on your systems I’m guessing you have a wiring issue.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My sensors just recently started acting up, found the 54 pin connector behind the left front wheel well liner had come loose and was causing my sensors to act up giving me the same message.

OP
OP
Rod Plunger

Rod Plunger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My sensors just recently started acting up, found the 54 pin connector behind the left front wheel well liner had come loose and was causing my sensors to act up giving me the same message.

Was this for your "front" sensors, or was it for the rear. And I assume you are talking about outside of the vehicle? In the wheel well behind the liner there, and not inside the cab below the dash...

Thanks

OP
OP
Rod Plunger

Rod Plunger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sensors are the most common, with wiring being the second. Since the wiring is fairly exposed it’s susceptible to corrosion and damage. Based on your systems I’m guessing you have a wiring issue.

The faults I am getting are B1296
PTS Sensor 9
Performance or incorrect operation
Last Test failed
erreor present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Requested

AND

B1298

Same fault but sensor # 11

Wires don't look corroded to me. I live in Seattle and we don't use salt. We see rain, but nothing particularly corrosive.

All my connections seem to be positive.

I would very much like to figure this out. Is there a better troubleshooting I can follow?

TIA

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would start by making sure you have power and ground at sensors 9 and 11.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Rod , sorry for the delayed response. Mine was the rear sensors , I don't have front sensors. Correct outside behind left front liner, the connector is attached to the cab mount. Also check the wire harness where it runs around the cab mount itself. I found a chaffed through wire there causing a trailer light problem.