AlfaOBD - looking for gateway bypass cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2020 Ram Rebel (5th Gen) and am looking for a security gateway bypass cable to use AlfaOBD. I've been trying to contact @DeereGuy but haven't been successful yet. Does anyone know anywhere else I can get this cable? Thanks in advance.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I have a 2016 myself, but this might work...https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2016 myself, but this might work...https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass
Thanks- that's @DeereGuy 's web site. I haven't been able to get in touch with him yet, so I'm hesitant to order from the site.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Rlaf75 - do you use this cable with AlfaOBD?
Yes I use it with alfaobd. Before I bought that bypass harness and the alfaobd app I emailed alfaobd to verify it's compatibility with the app. I've only used it a couple of time to add the tailgate warning and the fog light drop out functions but it worked fine. The only thing they recommend to be used with the alfaobd app is the OBDlink MX+ bluetooth device. Other cheaper ones can be used but according to the email i got from alfaobd they may not allow for every feature of the app to be accessible without another cable. I use the OBDlink MX+ and the bypass cable I posted without any issues. Everything connects in a few seconds

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes I use it with alfaobd. Before I bought that bypass harness and the alfaobd app I emailed alfaobd to verify it's compatibility with the app. I've only used it a couple of time to add the tailgate warning and the fog light drop out functions but it worked fine. The only thing they recommend to be used with the alfaobd app is the OBDlink MX+ bluetooth device. Other cheaper ones can be used but according to the email i got from alfaobd they may not allow for every feature of the app to be accessible without another cable. I use the OBDlink MX+ and the bypass cable I posted without any issues. Everything connects in a few seconds
Yep that's the OBD device I use. Thanks!

kycruiser1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Did you have to go to the security gateway and bypass it there or does the cable do the bypass at the OBD port? The gateway on a 2018 is buried behind the radio.