AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetolbryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got my security bypass harness from Deereguy, already had a WiFi OBD reader, and downloaded AlfaOBD.....
Easy install for the harness, and it looks factory.
Finally!! I was able to adjust my TPMS from the stupid high setting to work with my 35x12.50 Toto RT’s.
I started to disable it, but thought it might be nice if a tire gets truly low so I set pressures to 30 psi.
Truck rides so much better, and NO lights or warning in the EVIC.
Thanks to all who figured this stuff out

Bryan
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie ,4x4,Cummins,Auto

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Your dealer has the description of the PIN codes mixed up.

There are 2 different pins for your Ram and a rolling code:
1) A four digit pin-all numbers
2) A five digit pin of 4 numbers plus one letter
3) A rolling code that expires in a set time

You want #1 for the RFH hub which is referenced in below FCA document:

https://w06.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/parts/keycode/policypdf/en_US/Key_Code_Policy_en_US.pdf

How do you know if they gave you a rolling code? I got a 4 digit code last time I was at the dealer. I told them I was having key programed.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Idk if anybody might be interested in this but thought id share i know it works for the 17s nd have from wat i have read the 18s aswell i seen someone on here bought the 17-18 oem kit to add remote start that includes the new hood latch nd keyfobs.. well i downloaded the manuals for that install nd looked alil into it.. well after that i decided to try somethijg nd now i have remote factory remote start for $20 all i had to buy was 2 keyfob 4 buttons cases nd just use the button skin over my 3 button keyfobs if anybody is interested in this il post a how to in a bit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

retep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecoDiesel
Idk if anybody might be interested in this but thought id share i know it works for the 17s nd have from wat i have read the 18s aswell i seen someone on here bought the 17-18 oem kit to add remote start that includes the new hood latch nd keyfobs.. well i downloaded the manuals for that install nd looked alil into it.. well after that i decided to try somethijg nd now i have remote factory remote start for $20 all i had to buy was 2 keyfob 4 buttons cases nd just use the button skin over my 3 button keyfobs if anybody is interested in this il post a how to in a bit

Hi Alexx, i already have remote start but am curious for my friends 1500. Please share. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Very interested...

black-betty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Silly Q....i have everything i need (except the cable) and was browsing the App.

Q: it never mentions a 2018MY...How do i use this on my 2018?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Silly Q....i have everything i need (except the cable) and was browsing the App.

Q: it never mentions a 2018MY...How do i use this on my 2018?

Choose the MY2013-2017 when connected it should say ‘18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Definitely interested

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Extremely interested in how to do this too.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I purchased the keyfobs in the picture and changed the skins on both of my existing remotes nd that was done.. i then went to the bcm under the dash shown in pic and found pin 11 the oem mopar kit calls for removing the existing pin in it isnt used anymore and to insert new pin from latch what i did was find the wire nd cut it i then added a wire to the one coming from the bcm nd grounded it tricking the bcm to thinking there is a hood latch sensor and that its in the closed position i then using alpha set the bcm changes shown in the screen shot.. the hardest part to me was waiting for the changes to take effect mine took about 45 min but well worth the wait i now how working remite start nd love it... just to make sure i checked what would happen if i ungrounded thr wire nd when tryin to remote start it woukd give a message on cluster sayin remote start canceled hood open85789a3786c1ab97f183588cd5b2e75b.jpg84febc77cfcb1236ce4d6b090b28b401.jpg42662ffbaaf895aaf8ddc7c509b15076.jpg624e2704ff22159faa6d1d3218e80cf5.jpg

Fremen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can this be used with the keyless entry keys as well?
Would be very interested in that.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at parts diagram for my 2017, it looks like the only 2 RF hub part numbers have remote start in them

I guess there is nothing in the hub that stops the feature other than the settings AlfaOBD can change?

The only difference between the 2 hub parts that I see is one is for Keyless Go and one is for keyless entry, so I suppose its possible keyless entry can be added in a similar fashion.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also of note is that all of the available keyfobs (with keyless, with keyless and remote start, with keyless and remote start and air suspension) are exactly the same price, so it might very well be they are the same keyfob with a different plastic overlay.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased the keyfobs in the picture and changed the skins on both of my existing remotes nd that was done..

So were the buttons already on your existing keyfob (on the pc board inside the case) just covered up because you had a no-remote start style cover?

Also what about the antenna? The OEM remote kit comes with a new RF hub, hood switch and antenna modeule.

I already have remote start but wonder if I can pull this trick on my wifes 2013 Jeep as well?

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So were the buttons already on your existing keyfob (on the pc board inside the case) just covered up because you had a no-remote start style cover?

Also what about the antenna? The OEM remote kit comes with a new RF hub, hood switch and antenna modeule.

I already have remote start but wonder if I can pull this trick on my wifes 2013 Jeep as well?

Yea the board has 7 buttons but the rubber over doesnt have tge clicker for each button thats why all u need is the overlay.. and previous years dont have a compatible rf hub this works only on 17 nd up that already have a compatible rf hub just needs sales code and hood sensor added