AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure if this has been said but if you want to emulate what a pedal commander does change two settings in AlfaOBD:

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Threshold: Filter Off

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Factor: Filter Off

This made a huge difference in my throttle response. I've seen a few people debating whether it actually does anything but I can confirm that if you set it to those settings you will feel a difference in throttle.
Placebo effect. Those settings can’t possibly change the sensitivity of the throttle pedal (controlled by PCM, not BCM).
ECUConfig 14 deals strictly with the BCM configuration for the occupant restraint control module (it’s gyro and accelerometer, etc).

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can 100% tell you it is not a placebo there was a noticeable change in my throttle response. There used to be a slow ramp regardless of pedal position. Now it's much more responsive. There is also a setting in there that deals with brake smoothing and steering smoothing under the same Configuration. That effects the brake and steering wheel as well.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just out of curiosity, why would the voltage for the DRL's be an individual adjustment for left/right DRL's? I wound mine up from the default 7.4v to 9.4v on each side. 7.4v was pretty dim, as in, what's the point? Might crank it up more if needed.

Also, obdlink EX interface, the USB version, works well with my newest Chromebook, which doesn't like playing the BT game at all. It would connect, then disconnect immediately, regardless of what I attempted. I think it has something to do with the "low energy" BT standard.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Just out of curiosity, why would the voltage for the DRL's be an individual adjustment for left/right DRL's? I wound mine up from the default 7.4v to 9.4v on each side. 7.4v was pretty dim, as in, what's the point? Might crank it up more if needed.

Also, obdlink EX interface, the USB version, works well with my newest Chromebook, which doesn't like playing the BT game at all. It would connect, then disconnect immediately, regardless of what I attempted. I think it has something to do with the "low energy" BT standard.

Through the module they are seperate circuits. Many vehicles (European) have always been seperate circuits since the 80s. If there is an issue on say the left circuit, the right-side will still be powered instead of losing them both. Because of that there are left and right adjustments.

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could they be called something else on the 2013 truck? Even searching by name, nothing comes up.
Potentially, but they just may not be there in that truck. I would try things like looking up factor or smoothing. Brake smoothing is in the same category so if you find that you may find acceleration

EDIT: Just looked through the 2013 BCM module and it doesn't appear functionality is there for that.

Last edited:

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Potentially, but they just may not be there in that truck. I would try things like looking up factor or smoothing. Brake smoothing is in the same category so if you find that you may find acceleration

EDIT: Just looked through the 2013 BCM module and it doesn't appear functionality is there for tha

EDIT: Just looked through the 2013 BCM module and it doesn't appear functionality is there for that.
I really appreciate the help.
Thanks for the reply too!

Tony15068

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 24V
Have read some conflicting information. Need to enable power folding mirrors on a 2023 1500 classic warlock. Going with an OBDLink MX+ and would prefer to use AlfaOBD and although their support page seems to indicate Alfa will work with a Windows 10 PC, I just wanted to make sure before I commit.

Anyone here using Alfa and MX+ with a Windows 10 laptop?

Thanks.