AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There actually is a spot to enter your own size but what format it accepts is the question.

It says put dynamic tire size in MM if I recall. However I don't know what formula it's using because my populated answer in mm is something like 97xxx mm

It's looking for your tire circumference in mm, now remember once installed on the truck it's going to be lower than a straight conversion by around an inch or so.

So if the tire is a 33
Start off with
32 x 25.4 x 3.14 should get you close enough to test with a gps to get closer.

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now today I installed the projector headlights with the retro harness and comes on for a min and goes off. I change a setting for DRL LED but didn’t work. I am lost on this issue as well. This ALFAOBD has gotten me in trouble and impatient lol. Maybe someone can shine a bright light on what I need to do to get these to work properly. Thanks Ron

Update. I got my projectors working after talking to Grimm and Ghost. Thanks for ur guys help!!! The retro harness was plugged into the wrong spot. High n lows were swapped. And everything works!!! Next weekend the fogs go to LED bulbs. Running OPT7 lows and seastar highs. It’s similar to the regular bulbs but led 100% error free. Thanks for all ur patience. I will give an update tomorrow on the remote start.

01562DE9-01A8-41BE-9CDA-07F8C3FEA3FE.jpeg

BC518A94-6E3E-48A3-A3F2-EC88C08CC52F.jpeg

48E5B7B8-EC33-4CA9-B93A-A6738B265321.jpeg

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got a question for you guys, I activated the auto high beams on my truck following the steps on the Drive document on post 1. I verified by the part number that I have the correct rear view mirror for it work (68096091ab with the camera looking sensor), I have the option on my RA3 under lights, but if I check the box next to the "Automatically Dim High Beams" the high beams immediately go out. Even on a completely dark road the just go out. Any ideas?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a question for you guys, I activated the auto high beams on my truck following the steps on the Drive document on post 1. I verified by the part number that I have the correct rear view mirror for it work (68096091ab with the camera looking sensor), I have the option on my RA3 under lights, but if I check the box next to the "Automatically Dim High Beams" the high beams immediately go out. Even on a completely dark road the just go out. Any ideas?
Are you driving when you push the button? When you select the Auto Hi Beam function if you are stopped or doing under a certain mph or it's not dark enough it will automatically switch them to low beams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm the new guy here and know very little, but is it possible the new hub has a default code such as 0000 or 1234?
Neither one of those work. Tried them both. Waiting on the dealer tomorrow hopefully. Thanks Ron

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you driving when you push the button? When you select the Auto Hi Beam function if you are stopped or doing under a certain mph or it's not dark enough it will automatically switch them to low beams.

Yeah I was turning the auto high beams o while driving with the high beams on. Every time it would just turn the high beams off...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was turning the auto high beams o while driving with the high beams on. Every time it would just turn the high beams off...
1st thing I would recommend is going back and double checking to make sure you activated all the codes. I would think especially the code for auto high beam location and make sure is set on the mirror. It sounds like it might not be getting a signal or may not know where the module is located so it's switching off.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1st thing I would recommend is going back and double checking to make sure you activated all the codes. I would think especially the code for auto high beam location and make sure is set on the mirror. It sounds like it might not be getting a signal or may not know where the module is located so it's switching off.

Ok cool I'll double check all that. I'm assuming since I have the correct mirror that the wiring harness is correct for the auto high beam?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found this statement in the owners manual:

If the windshield or SmartBeam™ mirror is replaced, the
SmartBeam™ mirror must be re-aimed to ensure proper
performance. See your local authorized dealer.

Might pop the cover off and see what it looks like...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found this statement in the owners manual:

If the windshield or SmartBeam[emoji769] mirror is replaced, the
SmartBeam[emoji769] mirror must be re-aimed to ensure proper
performance. See your local authorized dealer.

Might pop the cover off and see what it looks like...
I would be surprised if that is your issue. Many of us have done this and not had to re aim. I would definitely check all the codes 1st. If I remember correctly your truck does not really like codes very much kinda like my truck lol. I would double check all the codes make sure their set and let the truck sit overnight and see what happens.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be surprised if that is your issue. Many of us have done this and not had to re aim. I would definitely check all the codes 1st. If I remember correctly your truck does not really like codes very much kinda like my truck lol. I would double check all the codes make sure their set and let the truck sit overnight and see what happens.

Ha yup my truck is a pain in the ass when it comes to alfa. Still no CSM codes yet the option was there in my RA3. Cool thanks going to check the codes and let it sit overnight.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Hemi395 As well as the codes, I know my auto high beams are pretty sensitive and only turn on under the right conditions (better than my GC used to). Depending on light conditions, in pitch black it has to be above 14mph and in certain near pitch black above 35 to 45mph it seemed like. Are you getting the message on your EVIC below when pushing the stalk forward or back?

IMG-4979.JPG IMG-4980.JPG

Edit: The images are a good indication if the codes are set.

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All trucks have a 4 digit Pin # that is unique to that truck. It has to be given by the parts Dept. of the Dealers. There is also A 5 digit code that includes a letter but I am not sure what that is used for!! ( I think it's for cutting Keys) Some dealers also have a rolling code but you want the 4 digit code for your vin truck and if they give you the 5 digit # that fine also. Keep the pin# with your OBDMX as it will be needed to get into certain features in the BCM. Not sure of the Code you guys are talking about but it's the Pin # for your truck that you need!!! Hopefully your dealer will give it to you with a problem!!
A 5 digit number starting with the letter M would be the key code. Anything from M0001 to M2618 are codes that translate to series of 8 numbers that tell the depths of the cuts on the key blade. For example, M0001 in the key code database becomes 32431242 where a "1" is no cut and a "4" is the deepest cut.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ha yup my truck is a pain in the ass when it comes to alfa. Still no CSM codes yet the option was there in my RA3. Cool thanks going to check the codes and let it sit overnight.
With the CSMs not showing up on Alfa for you. Have you tried going into one of the other menus. On mine I have MY2013-17 and also MY2016-17.

Just curious if on your Afla it has split the menu the same way?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Hemi395 As well as the codes, I know my auto high beams are pretty sensitive and only turn on under the right conditions (better than my GC used to). Depending on light conditions, in pitch black it has to be above 14mph and in certain near pitch black above 35 to 45mph it seemed like. Are you getting the message on your EVIC below when pushing the stalk forward or back?

View attachment 148791 View attachment 148792

Edit: The images are a good indication if the codes are set.
No I was not getting those messages! Thank you, really sounds like codes didn't set like @Ricks Ram said.
With the CSMs not showing up on Alfa for you. Have you tried going into one of the other menus. On mine I have MY2013-17 and also MY2016-17.

Just curious if on your Afla it has split the menu the same way?
I have basically the same menus, I've been using either the MY2013 or MY2013-2017 menus. I have also tried MY2013 var 1 and I always get the same codes with no CSMs. I'll give the 2016-2017 menu a shot next time.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

Thank you Ghost this has been a fun experience so far.

I'm navigating the android app much faster now.

A couple questions.

Have any of you tried the transmission setting to ZF-8speed? I've set it with no errors or malfunctions. Checking to see if anyone else has tried.

Love the DRL function.

I'm going to try doing LED highbeams without all the extra wiring harness crap that everyone has had to go through. Same thing with HID low beams.

I lost my train of thought during this post. Gotta stop researching while I'm at work.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you Ghost this has been a fun experience so far.

I'm navigating the android app much faster now.

A couple questions.

Have any of you tried the transmission setting to ZF-8speed? I've set it with no errors or malfunctions. Checking to see if anyone else has tried.

Love the DRL function.

I'm going to try doing LED highbeams without all the extra wiring harness crap that everyone has had to go through. Same thing with HID low beams.

I lost my train of thought during this post. Gotta stop researching while I'm at work.
You're welcome, I'm glad people are getting enjoyment out of this thread and program. The creator has been great with the communities questions and issues when they arise.

I have not but I think there have been a couple others out there that have. Maybe they'll post up their experience. I just didn't see a need for myself personally and probably a little chicken mixed in there too. Lol What all have your changed?

Please let us know your experience on your lights when you get it finished up! I'm curious about the HID lows personally. Although, they're working just fine for me now the way things are.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
It's looking for your tire circumference in mm, now remember once installed on the truck it's going to be lower than a straight conversion by around an inch or so.

So if the tire is a 33
Start off with
32 x 25.4 x 3.14 should get you close enough to test with a gps to get closer.

I do appreciate the answer but it does not allow allow dimensions. It wants one answer in Millimeters. I'll have to photo how the entry looks so it makes more sense.