AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not totally sure what I am looking for but I'll go check on my 14 right now.

When connected to your BCM, scroll down to vehicle config 4 (probably not there) and look for axle ratio setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Okay yeah. It goes from VC 3 to 5. Not present for me either.

I have a 2014 Limited using the Android version.

When connected to your BCM, scroll down to vehicle config 4 (probably not there) and look for axle ratio setting.

Thanks Ghost. Same for me, no VC4 listed using Win10 version. Will send Alexy an email asking if this can be added or if there is a way to find it.
Curious if those with a '14 using the Android version see the Vehicle Configuration 4 option or not.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

In his response earlier, he said the axle ratio setting is located in the central gateway 2006-2012. We cannot connect to it of course.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In his response earlier, he said the axle ratio setting is located in the central gateway 2006-2012. We cannot connect to it of course.

I noticed the 13 to 17 memory seat module in the drivers seat options is missing as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed the 13 to 17 memory seat module in the drivers seat options is missing as well.

When he responds again I’ll inquire about this as well.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Thanks for your service Arth and also for checking the Android version.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
default was 91%, changed to 98%. Think the low level was 8% and I dropped to whatever the minimum was; without looking I think it was 6%.

Edit: Just checked. Low level, I actually set at 2%.

Those settings changes I applied to both tanks 1 and 2; I think the general consensus is that tank 2 is for def. When I filled up this morning I was below the thin red line just above empty, pretty much hovering between the white line, and the thin red. Took almost 26 gallons to fill.
Did this actually update in the BCM? I have changed mine, for tanks 1 & 2 for my '14 1500 w/26 gln tank and even days later it is back to the default 91% and 2%. States it updates successfully but then no change when I go back @ a later date. Odd as everything else has updated as changed.

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This is my wish list:

DRL - Activated!!!!!!!!!!!!
TPMS low pressure - adjustable settings
Speedo calibrator for diff tires
Power fold mirrors when locking/unlocking/keyless entry
Auto roll down windows with keyfob
Multiple camera inputs Front/Sides/Cargo
Regen notice on evic
Stereo volume same when starting/turning off (if off stays off)
Always show transmission gear in evic

How much of this list were you able to achieve? The Power fold mirrors would be pretty awesome!!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much of this list were you able to achieve? The Power fold mirrors would be pretty awesome!!
The power fold mirrors have been done successfully many times. All that is needed is the correct mirrors,door modules,master switch and then activate the power fold code and your done. I have done it on two trucks with no issue.

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The power fold mirrors have been done successfully many times. All that is needed is the correct mirrors,door modules,master switch and then activate the power fold code and your done. I have done it on two trucks with no issue.

I have the power fold already. I was curious if you could have them fold automatically when you turn the ignition off. Thanks.

AZJohnnyO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the power fold already. I was curious if you could have them fold automatically when you turn the ignition off. Thanks.

AZJohnnyO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh ok sorry misunderstood your post. Unfortunately that has not been figured out yet with the alpha tool. I think someone posted that Z automotive makes a Tazer that is supposed to do it but needs to stay plugged into the trucks OBD port. I haven't seen anyone post in whether or not it worked.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I broke down and purchased a OEM remote start kit for my wife's Chrys 200 for Christmas. I am kind of cheap, so, she was definitely surprised. She had been asking for a long time now. I intended to install myself and use the Alfa software to program. It requires replacing the RF module, etc. The problem I wasn't anticipating is that the directions call for the PIN that changes daily (Can't remember the term they used) Now I am a little nervous. I was wondering if anyone on here has tried this on the vehicles that require this such as the Dart, and how is this different from a pre'17 Ram that requires the replacement of the RF module? Any feedback would be appreciated. I would rather not take it to the dealer for the install, but I would really rather not go to them after I do it all wrong, or worse have to have it towed.

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
How to test the 4 digit PIN for RF Hub?
Was wondering if I can do a RFH reset as a way to test valid 4 digit PIN, and what does the reset do?
If I was going to program a spare FOBIK, it'd be good to know I'm working with the right PIN.
Not adjusting TPMS since this is a 3500 w/o it.
Any other method?

Thanks

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How to test the 4 digit PIN for RF Hub?
Was wondering if I can do a RFH reset as a way to test valid 4 digit PIN, and what does the reset do?
If I was going to program a spare FOBIK, it'd be good to know I'm working with the right PIN.
Not adjusting TPMS since this is a 3500 w/o it.
Any other method?

Thanks
You can program a Y170 key blank. Cost is much less than a fob.

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I broke down and purchased a OEM remote start kit for my wife's Chrys 200 for Christmas. I am kind of cheap, so, she was definitely surprised. She had been asking for a long time now. I intended to install myself and use the Alfa software to program. It requires replacing the RF module, etc. The problem I wasn't anticipating is that the directions call for the PIN that changes daily (Can't remember the term they used) Now I am a little nervous. I was wondering if anyone on here has tried this on the vehicles that require this such as the Dart, and how is this different from a pre'17 Ram that requires the replacement of the RF module? Any feedback would be appreciated. I would rather not take it to the dealer for the install, but I would really rather not go to them after I do it all wrong, or worse have to have it towed.

If it truly requires the rolling code then you may get stuck with the dealer needing to do that 1 transaction with their computer.

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'd gotten the PIN last July.
Looked like:
Key Code Inquiry Results
VIN:
Ignition:
PIN:

Will see people having trouble with android:
Connected to Radio Frequency Hub
Reset/Replace RF-HUB
Enter PIN (4 digits):
Failed: Security Access Denied

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Another new Android version dropped this morning, 2.1.6.1. Given how fast this one was on the heels of the 2.1.6.0, I suspect it is just a bug fix. Maybe the missing Vehicle Config 4 section? If it stops raining for a bit I'll go out and check.

-K

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another new Android version dropped this morning, 2.1.6.1. Given how fast this one was on the heels of the 2.1.6.0, I suspect it is just a bug fix. Maybe the missing Vehicle Config 4 section? If it stops raining for a bit I'll go out and check.

-K
The latest update I show for my android is for Dec 26th but I am showing version 2.1.6.1 which is the new version Not sure why.