AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Ok...that's what I thought....those are the ones in the pic I posted. Maybe I'll give them a try then...thanks!

Chris, I'll be anxious to see if they work for you ... but I've been trying to follow, you never tried the switchbacks you have now WITHOUT the resistors, correct???

You should try that as soon as you can...

BTW, LOVING the fact that EVERYONE has OBD access with the new update and more choices!!!!

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you mean "once the cluster fully reads the BCM"? Could this be a reason why my mileage won't update? I have been swapping the clusters every time I need to drive somewhere so that the mileage and hours are right.

About how long does this reading process take? Does the truck have to be running?

Thanks again.
What OBD link tool are you using? I was using the vlink cheap one from Amazon it would update everything but the mileage. I had to buy the MX OBD link in order to get mileage to update. Alex from ALFAOBD said the connect with the vlink is to slow to update mileage. Update worked first time with MX link

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What OBD link tool are you using? I was using the vlink cheap one from Amazon it would update everything but the mileage. I had to buy the MX OBD link in order to get mileage to update. Alex from ALFAOBD said the connect with the vlink is to slow to update mileage. Update worked first time with MX link

I wish I was as lucky. However, the OBDLink MX wasn't as kind to me.

Congrats on getting it to update.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I wish I was as lucky. However, the OBDLink MX wasn't as kind to me.

Congrats on getting it to update.
There is a spot in the AlfaOBD settings to explicitly say what reader it's using. Did you check those settings?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a spot in the AlfaOBD settings to explicitly say what reader it's using. Did you check those settings?

Interesting!

Do you have to have to specify that you are using OBDLink MX or does it recognize it automatically?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here you go...a273f35ded829c4c5ceb4ffbbb3830ec.jpgd51f9b69b7c0fdfddc7992170e7d4ecf.jpg

Bob
Thanks, just updated to Android Pie and can't screenshot for some reason...
Oh yeah, I did that. I thought there was another check I may have missed. I'll double-check in the morning to make sure that it is still selected though.
You may also want to verify the Baud rate too. If I remember correctly, the developer has advised users to check there. Something about it not being fast enough (specifically for mileage correction).

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, just updated to Android Pie and can't screenshot for some reason...You may also want to verify the Baud rate too. If I remember correctly, the developer has advised users to check there. Something about it not being fast enough (specifically for mileage correction).

Try power button and down volume.

I lost swipe screenshot, when I installed pie, also.

Bob

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks, just updated to Android Pie and can't screenshot for some reason...You may also want to verify the Baud rate too. If I remember correctly, the developer has advised users to check there. Something about it not being fast enough (specifically for mileage correction).

What baud rate are people using that have been successful?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Sorry, but I'm not tracking this. I'm guessing radio volume and power, but what does the second line mean?

Thanks

They are talking about screen shot with their phone's. The pie software update must of changed how some or all android phone's running pie software can take screen shots

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Got it. I'm an Apple guy for my phone, no wonder I was lost.

I'm more an apple guy now but kinda keep an eye on Android. There's a lot I love about Apple but android has a lot of flexibility. If their was a phone and tablet combo that has the flexibility of Android but the features and functions of the iPhone and iPad I'd probably switch.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What baud rate are people using that have been successful?
You can try all three of these. I'm not sure if it sets itself or will let you choose. I took this screenshot when not connected. If you connect and it won't let you change it. I'll connect mine and see what it's set too.

43bea2284d9c9444e902b7d806763463.jpg

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You can try all three of these. I'm not sure if it sets itself or will let you choose. I took this screenshot when not connected. If you connect and it won't let you change it. I'll connect mine and see what it's set too.

43bea2284d9c9444e902b7d806763463.jpg

I'll give those a go in the morning.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The only thing changing the baud rate will do is make the Android device lose communication with the MX dongle. IIRC this is for the USB (wired) connection and most folks are using Bluetooth anyway. If your Android device is communicating with the MX dongle than the communications parameters are already correct.