AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any idea on how to turn off Parking light out message? My truck is a 2014 and it came with factory projector style headlights. I did cut the wires going to the OEM marker lights in the headlights when I did my retrofit.

Z3cta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hello Everyone
I could swear I saw a version of the AlfaOdb for IOS. What happened to it? Or did I lose my marbles? :)

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hello Everyone
I could swear I saw a version of the AlfaOdb for IOS. What happened to it? Or did I lose my marbles? :)

No iOS support. Possibly in the future

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Crap, so why did I buy the MX+?

I have the mx+ because I have mainly iOS device's and if I ever need to check a code you still can use the obdlink app to do so. Plus if he ever does add iOS support I won't need to by the mx+

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. do you know what it can be and how to change it so that this inscription is not - Invalid Destnation Code? we have Ram from the USA and the radio is in EU. everything works but the inscription annoys me. maybe you need to change something with coding?

7F5F611B-6B21-4E77-8D42-A770CC0EFC88.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi. do you know what it can be and how to change it so that this inscription is not - Invalid Destnation Code? we have Ram from the USA and the radio is in EU. everything works but the inscription annoys me. maybe you need to change something with coding?

View attachment 212457
If I had to guess, it has to do with the firmware of the radio not being able to parse the information being broadcast in your country.

You "might" be able to connect directly to the radio and see if there is a setting that can be changed but I doubt there is one.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Z3cta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I was never able to program the spare FOBIK (push button start) for my truck, using Alfa or my Autel. Both units said fob not found or similar.

Have you been able to program a new fob ? With the start/stop push button option?

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had to guess, it has to do with the firmware of the radio not being able to parse the information being broadcast in your country.

You "might" be able to connect directly to the radio and see if there is a setting that can be changed but I doubt there is one.

I know there is a "country code" for the truck in the alpha OBD programming and do believe that gets "pushed" to the radio
in Canada for example we do NOT get the U connect services OR XM traffic/weather ETC on our radios and setting a truck to "Canada" VS "USA" does turn it OFF/ON

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know there is a "country code" for the truck in the alpha OBD programming and do believe that gets "pushed" to the radio
in Canada for example we do NOT get the U connect services OR XM traffic/weather ETC on our radios and setting a truck to "Canada" VS "USA" does turn it OFF/ON
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that the part numbers were different too (and by extension the hardware)?

Kelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I'm in Canada and near the US border, I was able to get a XM weather (high wind) alert last year, once I opened it and started exploring weather, gas prices & movie listings ect all were available on my canadian uconnect until I shutoff the truck. AlfaOBD travelink enable never worked on Canadian systems that I know of... So technically the country code should enable us to open up all the goodies that are on the canadian 2020 Ram 12" Uconnects, any drawbacks to changing the country code? does it change any settings from metric to imperial?

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can a new push button start FOB be programmed with Alpha OBD using the tutorial in the first post? I did a search, and didn't find anyone who had successfully done this, only successes were with the FOB that inserts into the dash

Scar1331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Team,

need some help my next book has completely died.. so I got my kids next book and I forgot do I need the full version of alpha or just the demo for tire pressure ???

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Team,

need some help my next book has completely died.. so I got my kids next book and I forgot do I need the full version of alpha or just the demo for tire pressure ???
Yes you need the full version to make any changes. The trial version basically just shows how the software works and what options are available.

Resetting the TPMS threshold also requires the 4 digit code to reset the RFH in the truck too FYI.

Scar1331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well hell..

I have the four digit code as I changed it once already..

just didn’t want to have to pay twice for the software ...

RamMan381

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had a problem with AlfaOBD logging into google drive?

I have been in contact with AlfaOBD tech support and they have not done anything to remedy the issue.

I have google drive, the sign in password and username are correct, I have a OBDLink MX+, and I am using a brand new android tablet.

I’m into this $280 and have achieved nothing. I can’t move forward until I can save my trucks info to google drive. So frustrating

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had a problem with AlfaOBD logging into google drive?

I have been in contact with AlfaOBD tech support and they have not done anything to remedy the issue.

I have google drive, the sign in password and username are correct, I have a OBDLink MX+, and I am using a brand new android tablet.

I’m into this $280 and have achieved nothing. I can’t move forward until I can save my trucks info to google drive. So frustrating
For now, save to device.

Upload to GD later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well hell..

I have the four digit code as I changed it once already..

just didn’t want to have to pay twice for the software ...

Did you have the Android version or Pc version? I have it on multiple devices through Android and only bought it once.