AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey, what's that "erase ignition fobiks"? Did I miss something? Can we wipe and reprogram used fobiks?

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hey, what's that "erase ignition fobiks"? Did I miss something? Can we wipe and reprogram used fobiks?
That would be awesome if that was the case. I hope someone knows and will respond to your question.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's probably not for the keyfobs itself but to remove them from the RF hub recognizing them. This would be in case a keyfobs was lost/stolen to keep unauthorized use of the vehicle.

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Oh ok that makes sense

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question on tire size change, I’ll post here since no one really goes into main tire size change thread.
When I go to clear codes in engine drop down and then go to select control unit, I have a 2018 1500, do I go down to dosing control unit MY2013-17 or what’s the chrysler powertech/pentastar/world/hemi v6/v8?
My first thought is the 2013-17 one but no clue what the other is.
Also when I go to the ABS menu then select control unit drop down, is it the ABS Bosch/Continental/Teves/TRW Powernet MY2013-18 Powernet?
I see the original write up to walk through the tire size change but seems some of the wording in alfaobd has changed since then.
Just want to make sure all is right in the areas I’m looking at.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go into the RF hub and scroll down a few options and you should see it. It says read PIN. cc70b96852329cbb177159d3a42b0448.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry but how do I get to RF hub, I’ve looked in abs, engine and body control.
Unless I’m blind.

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry but how do I get to RF hub, I’ve looked in abs, engine and body control.
Unless I’m blind.

Never mind, I see it says radio frequency hub (rfh)

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go into the RF hub and scroll down a few options and you should see it. It says read PIN. cc70b96852329cbb177159d3a42b0448.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Getting your pin is also used to help change tire pressure thresholds right when changing tire sizes?

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting your pin is also used to help change tire pressure thresholds right when changing tire sizes?

Also is that all you have to do to get your trucks personal pin? Nothing else will happen? Just click and bam there’s number and done and back out?
All new to me as you can probably figure out ha.

DavidRussell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l HEMI
I am about to get alfaOBD as a new user to use LED lights and set up DRL's. To connect to alfaobd does my phone have to be rooted? I am already connected to MX+ but not alfaobd yet. I haven't bought it.

DavidRussell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l HEMI
Is it difficult to connect? Pretty straight forward? I am only going to be changing the light settings to LED and turning on DRL following the writeups here. At some point I'm curious about the remote star but that will be down the road.
Phone dont need be rooted, only works with android not apple phones

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once you have alfaobd app just have to follow directions on how to enable the leds in the pcm

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

DavidRussell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l HEMI
Is there a specific option for HID or should I just select LED for HID? That may be a stupid question

GTSDart340

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, so I'm working on an 06 Magnum. I changed the tire pressure threshold, how do I reset the RF hub to get the light to turn off? I seem to remember seeing an option for it in the past, but I can't find it anymore. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I'm working on an 06 Magnum. I changed the tire pressure threshold, how do I reset the RF hub to get the light to turn off? I seem to remember seeing an option for it in the past, but I can't find it anymore. Thanks for the help!

You might need to look at PROXI alignment. Ive never used it on a vehicle that needed it so Im not sure where the selection is, but I believe some different model/older vehicles like an 06 require it.

GTSDart340

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might need to look at PROXI alignment. Ive never used it on a vehicle that needed it so Im not sure where the selection is, but I believe some different model/older vehicles like an 06 require it.
I don't know what what means, I'm competent enough with technology but I'm by no means an expert. Could you please explain? Thanks!

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Proxy alignment is for some older vehicles like my my wifes 2013 Dart, puts everything in sinc so to speak.The proxy alignment is on a list in alfa.Rams dont do the proxy.

Last edited:

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know what what means, I'm competent enough with technology but I'm by no means an expert. Could you please explain? Thanks!

Don't see PROXI under any Magnum BCM. There is Vehicle Config2 Tire Pressure System Present with option for Set or Not Set.
I think that may disable the system and the light. You then are old school and check tire pressure with a tire pressure gauge.