AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It had slots for two cables coming out of mirrors, thought I didn't need to buy modules.
No, they are actually different. They both have the slot for the white connector because they use the same case for all of them but there are no electrical connectors in the slot for the white connector in yours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
^^^^ this.
Recent FCA sw updates on 2013-15 8.4 radios removed the option to have both camera inputs work on the radio.... It's one or the other now. (v17.11.x was the only version that allowed it).
16+ radios don't have this SW imposed limitation.

M² Mods.
I'm trying to figure out what you are saying. I have a 14 8.4 that shows both camera inputs on the radio. Yes they are one at a time. When I put it in reverse I can choose with soft buttons to use either one of them. I can also go to controls and select the cargo camera. Software version is 18.13.17 and I installed the cargo cam myself and enabled with Alfa.

PatriotMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone successfully figured out specifically on a 2020 Ram 2500, how to:
  1. Increase the Top Speed Limit (I have bumped mine to 300kph and that shows up on the log, but the vehicle still shuts down at 102mph.)
  2. Increase the Cruise Control limit beyond 85 mph
  3. Swapped from a 3.5" Bighorn to 7" EVIC and been able to update the odometer & hours to match the original
  4. Disable the seatbelt chime
I have been following the posted videos on youtube but none of them feature a 2019-2020 2500 truck. I'm "Reverse Cannonballing" from California to NYC this week and it sure would be nice to set the cruise much higher.

THANKS!!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone successfully figured out specifically on a 2020 Ram 2500, how to:
  1. Increase the Top Speed Limit (I have bumped mine to 300kph and that shows up on the log, but the vehicle still shuts down at 102mph.)
  3. Swapped from a 3.5" Bighorn to 7" EVIC and been able to update the odometer & hours to match the original
I have been following the posted videos on youtube but none of them feature a 2019-2020 2500 truck. I'm "Reverse Cannonballing" from California to NYC this week and it sure would be nice to set the cruise much higher.

THANKS!!
I answered you the last time you asked- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-298#post-2338014
For the seatbelt chime, if it can’t be done through the cluster settings, then the standard procedure in the owner’s manual will work.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some help again on my headlights. I had previously run into trouble with my drivers side low beam LED headlight (stock projectors) where the light went to about half powered and I got the head light out message on the screen between the gauges. I ended up just throwing a set of innovited hids in for the low beams which worked fine for about a day and then I had the passenger side low beam go out completely. This has been an intermittent problem with it over the last 5-6 days, sometimes for several consecutive starts they work fine, and then the next time the passenger side low beam will be completely out.

I currently only have one thing changed in alfa in regards to the low beams and that is "Vehicleconfig 3 high intensity discharge headlamps" selected yes. I changed that to "no" to see what would happen and then I started having problems with both low beams to the point where they would both go out, or flicker on and off for a while. I did the test in alfa to turn on the lights independently and they both worked fine during that test. Also, these are the faults found by alfa:
IMG_4459.JPG IMG_4460.JPG IMG_4461.JPG IMG_4462.JPG

BosManG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
This is a non power fold door module. You can barely tell, but it does not have the two pins required to make power fold work- 74cYWbJ.jpg
Thanks missed that totally looked like there was something. Got part number I can hunt down for driver and passenger side

spaniel43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.8
DRL help, 2020 5th gen Laramie. Trying to move my DRL from stock setting of low beam to fog lights. The settings I tried so far seem to have disabled DRL altogether! Have to copy and paste, cannot seem to attach...sigh

Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' LOW BEAM DRL ' -> '4 '
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' NO DRL ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' FOG LAMP DRL ' -> '5 '
Car configuration change: DRL Dropout Enabled: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' DEDICATED ' -> '4 '
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' OPTIONAL DRL ' -> '1 '

DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Yes

DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
DRL Lamp Location: Fog Lamp DRL
DRL Dropout Enabled: Yes

Right Dedicated DRL Lamp/Right Signature LED Present/Right Front Turn Signal #2/Headlamp Leveling Output Present: Yes
Left Dedicated DRL Lamps/ Left Front Turn Signal #2/Left Signature LED Present : Yes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spaniel43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.8
DRL help, 2020 5th gen Laramie. Trying to move my DRL from stock setting of low beam to fog lights. The settings I tried so far seem to have disabled DRL altogether! Have to copy and paste, cannot seem to attach...sigh

Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' LOW BEAM DRL ' -> '4 '
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' NO DRL ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' FOG LAMP DRL ' -> '5 '
Car configuration change: DRL Dropout Enabled: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' DEDICATED ' -> '4 '
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' OPTIONAL DRL ' -> '1 '

DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Yes

DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
DRL Lamp Location: Fog Lamp DRL
DRL Dropout Enabled: Yes

Right Dedicated DRL Lamp/Right Signature LED Present/Right Front Turn Signal #2/Headlamp Leveling Output Present: Yes
Left Dedicated DRL Lamps/ Left Front Turn Signal #2/Left Signature LED Present : Yes

Here's a recent log. Hopefully someone can help me figure out my DRL issue. ThanksView attachment BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log.pdf

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some help again on my headlights. I had previously run into trouble with my drivers side low beam LED headlight (stock projectors) where the light went to about half powered and I got the head light out message on the screen between the gauges. I ended up just throwing a set of innovited hids in for the low beams which worked fine for about a day and then I had the passenger side low beam go out completely. This has been an intermittent problem with it over the last 5-6 days, sometimes for several consecutive starts they work fine, and then the next time the passenger side low beam will be completely out.

I currently only have one thing changed in alfa in regards to the low beams and that is "Vehicleconfig 3 high intensity discharge headlamps" selected yes. I changed that to "no" to see what would happen and then I started having problems with both low beams to the point where they would both go out, or flicker on and off for a while. I did the test in alfa to turn on the lights independently and they both worked fine during that test. Also, these are the faults found by alfa:
View attachment 219266 View attachment 219267 View attachment 219268 View attachment 219269

Anyone have any suggestions? Sucks not being able to drive my truck at night.

lowufo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would like to adjust the threshold for auto headlights. They come on way too soon but not sure what the value is presently or what it needs to be for them to come on a bit later.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Would like to adjust the threshold for auto headlights. They come on way too soon but not sure what the value is presently or what it needs to be for them to come on a bit later.

I believe these are what you're looking for:

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.:

It looks like a lower value is detecting brighter ambient light so I think you'll need to raise the numbers to have the effect you're looking for. I would go with very small increments to test. And, of course, make a note of what they are set to in case you need to revert.

-K

PatriotMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I answered you the last time you asked- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-298#post-2338014
For the seatbelt chime, if it can’t be done through the cluster settings, then the standard procedure in the owner’s manual will work.

The link of the page you shared has nothing to do with the questions of my post. I have no issues with logging or copying my settings to Google Drive. I must be missing something as I read thru dozens of pages on the AlfaOBD thread and still looking for anyone with actual experience with using the app successfully for the following adjustments:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The link of the page you shared has nothing to do with the questions of my post. I have no issues with logging or copying my settings to Google Drive. I must be missing something as I read thru dozens of pages on the AlfaOBD thread and still looking for anyone with actual experience with using the app successfully for the following adjustments:

1) No. It can’t be done with AlfaOBD. That is part of the PCM tune
2) No. It can’t be done with AlfaOBD. That is part of the PCM tune. You should be able to set cruise at 85, then bump it up using the +/resume button.
3) No. The mileage/hours correction can’t be done with AlfaOBD on the 2019+ Ram HD EVIC.
4) If the setting in the instrument cluster list doesn’t work with AlfaOBD, then you can disable the chime normally using the instructions from the owner’s manual.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Let me help you with #4; you don’t need alphaodb for that. I did this a couple years ago to my truck and I love not having that damn thing ding at me when driving around the job site without the seatbelt on.

Tyler Welch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Anyone know how to locate

CustSetMenu 1- rear camera CSM
(Yes or no)

CustSetMenu 2 - rear view camera delay CSM
(Yes or no)

I’ve looked all under car configuration and can’t seem to find these two options to get my rear camera working I’ve already enabled the others and can get my camera to come on under app cargo camera on the radio but it won’t come on when I put it into reverse.

I’m working on a 2013 ram 2500 6.7

Update...

I got my rear camera to work when I shift into reverse after I de-activated the cargo/chml cam. I still don’t have the rear camera button on my radio which isn’t an issue.... I still have the cargo camera button but it does not function since I de-activated the cargo cam feature which is fine since I don’t have a cargo cam. I still have not found either feature above.

Last edited:

Gohawks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, looking for some direction, I have 2017 RAM, put aftermarket tires and wheels on a couple weeks ago, transferred all oem wheel tpm sensors, no issues for 2 weeks, yesterday got the Service Tire Pressure System alarm, dash showed just 1 of 4 sensors with a pressure reading, went back to tire dealer and watch them walk around truck with there hand held unit and could receive signal from each wheel TPM, he initiated a relearn with his hand held and I went on my way.Still Service Tire Pressure System alarm.
This morning with ALFA I went into BCM changed pressure threshold up a pound and then did a RF Hub reset/relearn but still had no luck clearing system alarm. Actually tried it twice went back to door jam tire pressures with no luck.
If you could throw some ideas at me I would appreciate.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

spaniel43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.8
You need to purchase a Smart Beam (Auto High Beam) mirror. If your truck currently has a microphone mirror your harness with be correct. You will also need to enable the codes with the alfa tool. Be careful when purchasing the Smart Beam mirror if you purchase it from Ebay or a wrecking yard. They are listed incorrectly all the time. The Smart beam is only an option on the Laramie and higher trim levels. It is standard on the Longhorn and Limited. It is available on the standard Laramie but is not standard. It's part of the group 32 option package. The smart beam mirror will have the camera looking device on the back if the mirror like the one in the pictureab845624b5227c772aaf90886fd6f1cc.jpg

I don't have the mics but it appears to have the sensor but I cannot confirm until I get a ladder for a closer inspection

Can a mirror have a smart beam sensor and NOT have microphones?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have the mics but it appears to have the sensor but I cannot confirm until I get a ladder for a closer inspection

Can a mirror have a smart beam sensor and NOT have microphones?

Yes, the 2017 and up mirrors don't have microphones because they incorporated them into the headliner. The mirrors look identical other than that. Remember the mirror will have the small rectangular sensor in the back of the actual mirror which is for the mirror dimmer. If its the Auto High Beam it will have a much larger camera looking lense on the actual mirror mounting base. You can see the lense in this picture. This mirror was out of a 2016 so it also has the microphones on the mirror.176ca1cfd5caca70bdfa4177ce57ce18.jpg