AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm still having trouble. Any users of AlfaOBD using a phone with Android 12? I now realize the last time I used AlfaOBD was with my old phone, which was a much older Android version.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
So I'm still having trouble. Any users of AlfaOBD using a phone with Android 12? I now realize the last time I used AlfaOBD was with my old phone, which was a much older Android version.
My galaxy S21 is on Android 12... Seems to work okay with AlfaOBD/OBDLink MX BT adapter...

Screenshot_20220903_171429.jpg

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: I pulled out my old phone running Android 8......and it connects fine. AlfaOBD presents a big list of my BT devices to select from. On my Android 12 phone, the "Paired Devices" list in AlfaOBD is blank (even though I have dozens of paired devices). So something in my Android 12 phone is stuck and AlfaOBD can't pull the BT list. I'll talk to Alexy about it.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i just got alfa and have a s22 had some issues pairing up but it would finally. i had to pair it about 4 times then it finally worked.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
All,

just got my Kaodtech bypass cable. I'm still without a truck to test it out, but I noticed that the male plug (where the BT-dongle goes into) only has three pins connected. Could be sufficient (power, ground and data), but I just wanted to check with you guys if that's the same on your cables. I got the one for the 2019+ 2500's.

Thanks!

pricey59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok gentleman, I have searched and all I find is resetting the orange low tire image on the dash. What I'm needing to figure out is why on my display it shows the truck tire pressure menu and the passenger side rear tire sensor highlighted in Grey in the picture is blinking
20220909_161643.jpg
I put new ri.s and tiresbon my 2015 1500. It came with 20's so I I put on 20's with a 33 inch tire. Tire shop mounted and balanced wheels amd tires and swapped with the OEM. No error and any lights on for several weeks and then this came on. Right when I start it, this menu pops up. They are all new sensors that came woth the tires package. I lowered the pressure to close match the tire recommended pressure. They are typically all the sa.e number but on one blinks. Anying I can do with alfa or is it back to the tire store.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Ok gentleman, I have searched and all I find is resetting the orange low tire image on the dash. What I'm needing to figure out is why on my display it shows the truck tire pressure menu and the passenger side rear tire sensor highlighted in Grey in the picture is blinking
View attachment 502001
I put new ri.s and tiresbon my 2015 1500. It came with 20's so I I put on 20's with a 33 inch tire. Tire shop mounted and balanced wheels amd tires and swapped with the OEM. No error and any lights on for several weeks and then this came on. Right when I start it, this menu pops up. They are all new sensors that came woth the tires package. I lowered the pressure to close match the tire recommended pressure. They are typically all the sa.e number but on one blinks. Anying I can do with alfa or is it back to the tire store.

I'd suspect that sensor failed. I'd also guess since it was a part of a wheel package, the sensors are cheapy China sensors so a failure can be expected.
Just my opinion and where I'd start.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trying Program Tire Size but just not getting it right what is the size in MM anyone is running that get's you close to spot on? I input 2781 according to tire size calculator website but speedo is running 2-3mph over the actual according to GPS. Do you go up in increments of 5, 10? I just know not to go to 2820 haha truck felt like manual steering and MPH showed dashed lines.

Running Toyo Open Country R/T, 35/12.5/20.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Trying Program Tire Size but just not getting it right what is the size in MM anyone is running that get's you close to spot on?
Measure it. Put a piece of tape on the tire where it touches the ground, another one on the ground where the first is, then drive one (or several) tire rotations until the tape on the tire is on the ground again, and measure the distance. Divide by number of tire rotations you did.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
just got my Kaodtech bypass cable. I'm still without a truck to test it out, but I noticed that the male plug (where the BT-dongle goes into) only has three pins connected. Could be sufficient (power, ground and data), but I just wanted to check with you guys if that's the same on your cables. I got the one for the 2019+ 2500's.
Is there anyone who has a Kaodtech cable who can confirm this?

ajhudson15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
Can someone send me the download pc file. Everything I go to their site it says the page is unavailable and I can’t download the pc version. I’ve tried several different computers

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can someone send me the download pc file. Everything I go to their site it says the page is unavailable and I can’t download the pc version. I’ve tried several different computers

Just tried it.

If your windows security stops it, just hit more info and run anyway.

ajhudson15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi

Just tried it.

If your windows security stops it, just hit more info and run anyway.
I get the website did not respond check your firewall and proxy server error. I’ve tried this on 4 different laptops on 3 different internet connections with the same thing every time. I used to be able to get to the website but now nothing. I don’t get a more option to continue to the site

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's odd, as I downloaded it right before I posted.
I can't attach it, it is too large to attach.

Message me and send your email address and we can see if gmail will handle 64,000kb.

I am thinking it is a security setting on your computers - maybe try turning off spyware and antivirus software.

file is an .exe file and installs correctly on my win 10 laptop - are your computers all up to date?

ajhudson15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
That's odd, as I downloaded it right before I posted.
I can't attach it, it is too large to attach.

Message me and send your email address and we can see if gmail will handle 64,000kb.

I am thinking it is a security setting on your computers - maybe try turning off spyware and antivirus software.

file is an .exe file and installs correctly on my win 10 laptop - are your computers all up to date?
I have tried turning off all blockers and nothing. This website worked for a few days until yesterday. Email might work.
[email protected]

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sent email, it wouldn't attach so had to use google drive, see if that works.
Too large to just attach.

ajhudson15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
sent email, it wouldn't attach so had to use google drive, see if that works.
Too large to just attach.
Unfortunately it says unsupported file type. I’m not sure what else to check with my Internet. The fact that the site worked for several days and then stopped when I decided to download it lol