Alignment specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey all, I have a 5inch RC lift with new coils on my ram 2500. This is my first heavy duty and previously only had leveling kits on other trucks. Just had new toyo open country RTs put on and an alignment. Truck seems to wander a little and if anything wants to pull right occasionally. I’ve also never had a 35x12.5x20 tire so this may be normal with a wider tire and uneven roads. Do these specs look okay to you guys who have lifts?I did buy the truck with lift already in place (I know, not the greatest idea).
Thanks for any input.
upload_2021-1-13_16-47-50.png

upload_2021-1-13_16-46-15.png

upload_2021-1-13_16-47-50.png

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats closer than what they were able to do with mine...

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Going to be hard to get a good alignment with that much lift. What kind of offset are you running on the wheels?

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Going to be hard to get a good alignment with that much lift. What kind of offset are you running on the wheels?
-12 offset. I figured with that much lift it would be difficult.

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
No idea why it posted three pics of alignment, tried to edit and save only 1 but still there. Whoops.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
-12 offset. I figured with that much lift it would be difficult.

Are they 10+" wide as well? Your avatar picture looks like the stick way out. If so that isn't helping matters.

I run 35's on my truck (wheels are 18x9 and +18 offset) with a 2.3" level and it aligns and drives great.

With that said I would look at thing like your track bar and tie rods, ball joints as well to make sure you don't have excessive play in anything.

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Are they 10+" wide as well? Your avatar picture looks like the stick way out. If so that isn't helping matters.

I run 35's on my truck (wheels are 18x9 and +18 offset) with a 2.3" level and it aligns and drives great.

With that said I would look at thing like your track bar and tie rods, ball joints as well to make sure you don't have excessive play in anything.

9” wide wheel, they do stick out quite a bit. upload_2021-1-13_17-41-18.jpeggoing to check everything this weekend to make sure nothing needs replaced. Was thinking of getting a new drag link anyway bc mine was one that was under recall and the nuts are welded on.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
9” wide wheel, they do stick out quite a bit. View attachment 233856going to check everything this weekend to make sure nothing needs replaced. Was thinking of getting a new drag link anyway bc mine was one that was under recall and the nuts are welded on.

Contact @RamCares on here about the drag link. They have been arranging replacement of them lately so it's worth a shot. They replaced mine at no cost so was very please about that.

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Contact @RamCares on here about the drag link. They have been arranging replacement of them lately so it's worth a shot. They replaced mine at no cost so was very please about that.

Okay I just sent them a PM. Thank you for that. I’ll let you know what they say.

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
New drag link has been approved. Awaiting them to call back after talking to the dealership. Thanks @mtnrider for the heads up!

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I hate sounding like a total noob but those of you who have already replied I have another question. I noticed I have 1inch of lean on the front passenger side. When measured on a level surface it’s exactly 1inch lower than drivers side and is noticeable when looking at it from the front. I’ve read articles on cjc off-road and Thuren’s sites (mine is RC lift but the articles still apply to alignment) but it basically says that cross caster can cause suspension leans in radius arm trucks. I crawled under to look at position of cam bolts (the articles state they shouldn’t be farther than 1 from each other). Mine are definitely farther than 1 notch in difference but On the alignment sheet the degree of difference is .03 from left to right. Could one of the coils be installed wrong? They bow slightly different directions. Here are pics of cam bolts and coils. Any help is appreciated. First pic and third pic are drivers side, second and fourth are passenger side.
A33E1E03-0965-461C-AFBF-A602D01F50F8.jpeg 8DDC0A01-3575-4DBA-B6F9-1C5FED7985FE.jpeg DD8F9214-52AD-491F-8EB8-9D1E6DD7A3AE.jpeg DC74980B-B460-4BF3-AB52-6E438A0CC269.jpeg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Having those castor adjustments so far out from each other will cause lean to one side. The Thuren specs are a good go to for alignment no matter what level or stock. With my 2.3" level I was able to get mine spot on those specs with no bow and adjustments are even.

Did that lift come with new radius arms or drops? A little bow in the springs is typical for a Ram lift but that one on the drivers side looks scary. Guarantee you that coil is going to slip out of the isolator at some point, it has already started.

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Having those castor adjustments so far out from each other will cause lean to one side. The Thuren specs are a good go to for alignment no matter what level or stock. With my 2.3" level I was able to get mine spot on those specs with no bow and adjustments are even.

Did that lift come with new radius arms or drops? A little bow in the springs is typical for a Ram lift but that one on the drivers side looks scary. Guarantee you that coil is going to slip out of the isolator at some point, it has already started.

It has drops on the radius arms. Yeah it’s not looking good is it? I’m going to call my local 4x4 shop Monday morning. Can I adjust the caster in the driveway before then to see if it helps with the lean and bow? It is it something I should just wait and let them do? (They aligned it after my new tires were put on so it’s a little concerning this wasn’t caught).

OP
OP
Flyght_murse2

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
New alignment corrected all my issues. Trucks sits perfect, no more coil bow, and cam bolts are facing to the rear with no cross caster. Drives like a new truck.