All 4 TPMS sensors dead at the same time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just took my truck out for the first time out of storage, driving down the road i get a warning light on saying service the TPMS system, the center display on the cluster shows flat lines on all 4 corners, took the truck to fried shop , the tires scan tool can’t read any tpms on the truck using 2 different ways to read the tpms. Is it possible to have all 4 tpms go dead in the same time? 4 years old tpms
Thanks in advance.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
It could happen, but highly unlikely. My 2014 still has the original sensors, my 2015 the same, my 2016 same.

They typically do not all fail at the same time.

Before I sold my 11, they failed 1 at a time, around year 10

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not likely. There is a TPMS transceiver that collects all the signals. Not sure where it is though.

If the transceiver died then all 4 TPMS signals won't be received by the computer.

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anything is possible I guess, but those TPMS are aftermarket I might add, probably cheap Chinese junk at $40 a piece. It’s just strange

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
All four sensors must be working for the system to sync, clear codes and show tire pressure. When the week or bad sensor is replaced, the other sensors will work correctly.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not likely. There is a TPMS transceiver that collects all the signals. Not sure where it is though.

If the transceiver died then all 4 TPMS signals won't be received by the computer.
Sensor / RF module is on the truck cab rear bulkhead behind the rear seat.

Mine has trouble reading 3 TPMS units at times. Only one it reads is the rear driver's which is closest to it. And when it does go on the blink, it is every time I pass a certain area by some airport antennas and comes back after about 20 minutes.

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would drive it for at least 50 miles and maybe they will relearn if for some reason they got unsynced.

retiredpop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All four sensors must be working for the system to sync, clear codes and show tire pressure. When the week or bad sensor is replaced, the other sensors will work correctly.
Thanks, I did not know this. My 2011 1500 came up with a service TPMS notification. All 4 tires showed dashes. I thought it wouldn't be possible for all 4 sensors to go out so I bought a new TPMS module. The pressures displayed after driving for a while so I thought I found the problem. The other day I got the 4 dashes again along with the service notification. I guess I just spent $390 CAD for nothing. Do the cheap sensor tools work to find the dead one or is it best to just go to a tire shop?

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Here is the catch. I had a bad sensor or two, and went to a tire shop. They could read the serial number and info on all 4 sensors.
However the dealer said that a weak battery or defective sensor can be on the margin, and the tire shop can read it, but it is not strong enough to be read by the truck. I ordered all 4 sensors in and when they were replaced, it worked again.
This saves going back multiple times to find the bad sensor.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
You can order the sensors through Allmoparparts.com who is on our forum.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here is the catch. I had a bad sensor or two, and went to a tire shop. They could read the serial number and info on all 4 sensors.
However the dealer said that a weak battery or defective sensor can be on the margin, and the tire shop can read it, but it is not strong enough to be read by the truck. I ordered all 4 sensors in and when they were replaced, it worked again.
This saves going back multiple times to find the bad sensor.
Good move, if 1 sensors battery is dead the other 3 will fail soon.