All-purpose cleaner for interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
Morning all, wondering how everyone approaches this...

When using all-purpose cleaning does anyone cut w/water or just use as it was bought off of the shelf. If you do cut what ratio do you usually use?

I'm currently using Chemical Guys all-purpose/degreaser (I'm not a professional).

Thanks in advance

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i always dilute,mine never gets really dirty other than the floor mats and after a very long camping/fishing trip,and it always gets a good clean a couple times a month.

OP
OP
T

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
i always dilute,mine never gets really dirty other than the floor mats and after a very long camping/fishing trip,and it always gets a good clean a couple times a month.
Sounds good...just curious, do you cut it by eye into another spray bottle or do you do an exact measurement i.e. 1:10?

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Sounds good...just curious, do you cut it by eye into another spray bottle or do you do an exact measurement i.e. 1:10?
i eyeball it 10:1 in a generic spray bottle.as long as it's diluted it really doesn't matter all that much,it just needs to be mild,at least for my needs.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Morning all, wondering how everyone approaches this...

When using all-purpose cleaning does anyone cut w/water or just use as it was bought off of the shelf. If you do cut what ratio do you usually use?

I'm currently using Chemical Guys all-purpose/degreaser (I'm not a professional).

Thanks in advance
Score yourself a bottle with level marks on it. Makes it very easy to actually dilute.
Carpet and upholstery is 10:1
Dash and door panels you can strengthen it 5:1 or 3:1 full strength is engine bay wheel wells

OP
OP
T

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
Score yourself a bottle with level marks on it. Makes it very easy to actually dilute.
Carpet and upholstery is 10:1
Dash and door panels you can strengthen it 5:1 or 3:1 full strength is engine bay wheel wells
Just so happens I was at Home Depot yesterday and picked up two of those very bottles. Good stuff, thanks again for all of the info. I’m sure you’ll see more questions from me as time goes on.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just so happens I was at Home Depot yesterday and picked up two of those very bottles. Good stuff, thanks again for all of the info. I’m sure you’ll see more questions from me as time goes on.
Thats what forums are for. To help each other out. @AdamsPolishes is a preferred vendor on the forum and constantly run promo's try out some of their products and i doubt you'll look elsewhere, all pro grade chemicals

OP
OP
T

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
I noticed that they run a ton of promotions but didn't realize they are a preferred vendor. Hope I didn't violate any forum rules by mentioning another brand. If so it was I apologize.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought some Adam's stuff this weekend when it was 20% off. Never tried any before...hopefully it is good stuff. I purchased an interior cleaner/detail along with 120 bucks of some other things!!!

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I use Meg's D101 diluted at 10:1. Economical and effective.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i know there's a preferred vendor,but if you want a really great interior detailer that doesn't leave a shiny,fake coating,try chemical guys innerclean.that stuff is amazing.and it smells good.it's the only product i use in the power wagon as it's new and i want it to stay looking that way.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tough Stuff/thread I tried the Chemical guys stuff and was not impressed at all. I use a lot of their stuff. Well 95% is their stuff. It did nothing for my interior. I went with 2- 4.00 cans of tough stuff and a brush. Trucks interior looks brand new again. You can use it on the door panels as well.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Interior cleaner is always going to be different when the conversation talks about dressing. Everyone is going to have their own version of what looks clean, well dressed, factory look, etc. I personally have found the Adam’s to be one of the top for not accumulating dust.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interior cleaner is always going to be different when the conversation talks about dressing. Everyone is going to have their own version of what looks clean, well dressed, factory look, etc. I personally have found the Adam’s to be one of the top for not accumulating dust.
I just got some chemical guys total clean. Next time I will try Adams. I have really liked their stuff so far.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just got some chemical guys total clean. Next time I will try Adams. I have really liked their stuff so far.
They both smell delicious

same goes with tire shine everyone has there own preference on “the look”

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you guys only use a all-purpose for everything diluted at different ratios for different surfaces? Or do you use specific products for seats fabric/leather vs dash/doors plastic?

At my work there is a ton of dust dirt gravel and it gets inside my truck a bit.

Thx

I'd like tonuse adams but Chem guys is fine too as it's at Canadian tire for me here in Canada.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you guys only use a all-purpose for everything diluted at different ratios for different surfaces? Or do you use specific products for seats fabric/leather vs dash/doors plastic?

At my work there is a ton of dust dirt gravel and it gets inside my truck a bit.

Thx

I'd like tonuse adams but Chem guys is fine too as it's at Canadian tire for me here in Canada.
I work in a dirty environment too. Dirt road to work etc. I didn't have great luck with the chemical guys lightning fast. Maybe I didn't get the dilution right? I honestly don't know. I would give Adams a try. I just stick with tough stuff. Its easy and works great. Its cheap too.