ALpha OBD dealer code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Army Doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 laramie with ram box
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good morning all, I've been lurking in the shadows for some time and finally posting. First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude for the plethora of information here and those willing to share their knowledge. I also appreciate the kindness offered to "noobs" as the adage of "no question is a stupid question" runs strong here. My question to anyone is about the Alpha OBD. I've paired the dongle to my phone and can access some features. The main purpose of getting this device was to program/pair my spare key FOB I bought from keylessentry.com. As I go through the process I'm stuck at the four digit PIN which I can not obtain from my local dealers (So. Oregon-Rogue Valley area) as they are unwilling to surrender that information and I'm unwilling to offer my first born as homage. Is there an alternative direction I can go to obtain this elusive PIN: is the PIN standard and would anyone be willing to provide it here? If I have the stealership do it, they'll charge me $100 to pair FOB. I've already spent a benji on the FOB, cost for the dongle and app so I'm two bills in? There's a local key guy that says he can do it $50 however i would like to do it myself for the sake of knowledge and experience as I do enjoy spinning wrenches. Any and all help will be gladly accepted. Thank you in advance and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If you have a 2018+ truck you'll need the security bypass cable.

For the pin you can use a app called Chrysler pin puller. It'll cost $15 for tokens to pull the pin from your truck. From what I've read once you download the app and buy the tokens, you connect your obd2 reader to your truck and follow the directions in the app.

Also it is recommended to use the obdlink mx with alphaobd. Other readers work but for some of the changes don't have the proper speed or ability to send/receive the proper info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Army Doc

Army Doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks 1500ram12, I have a 2013 laramie. I do have the obdlinkmx loaded on my phone to work w/Alpha OBD app. As stated I can access some features of the app but not the key FOB pairing function?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning all, I've been lurking in the shadows for some time and finally posting. First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude for the plethora of information here and those willing to share their knowledge. I also appreciate the kindness offered to "noobs" as the adage of "no question is a stupid question" runs strong here. My question to anyone is about the Alpha OBD. I've paired the dongle to my phone and can access some features. The main purpose of getting this device was to program/pair my spare key FOB I bought from keylessentry.com. As I go through the process I'm stuck at the four digit PIN which I can not obtain from my local dealers (So. Oregon-Rogue Valley area) as they are unwilling to surrender that information and I'm unwilling to offer my first born as homage. Is there an alternative direction I can go to obtain this elusive PIN: is the PIN standard and would anyone be willing to provide it here? If I have the stealership do it, they'll charge me $100 to pair FOB. I've already spent a benji on the FOB, cost for the dongle and app so I'm two bills in? There's a local key guy that says he can do it $50 however i would like to do it myself for the sake of knowledge and experience as I do enjoy spinning wrenches. Any and all help will be gladly accepted. Thank you in advance and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
@1500ram12 said it best....
And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks 1500ram12, I have a 2013 laramie. I do have the obdlinkmx loaded on my phone to work w/Alpha OBD app. As stated I can access some features of the app but not the key FOB pairing function?

Stupid question but have to ask, you are using the paid version correct?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xQvdHVTgRwKQRKSBh1K2rkCqg5dlpSi0

I have instructions in here on how to program a new key.

Do you have push button start or the fob that you insert?

In alphaobd

Push button or keyless entry is referred to as highline.

The "standard" fob key is called baseline.

OP
OP
Army Doc

Army Doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@ 1500ram12, I do indeed have the paid version of Alpha obd. I'm researching more about the Chrysler pin puller app right now. I'll see if that's a viable directive for me, thanks!

OP
OP
Army Doc

Army Doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ram150012, i didn't answer the rest of your question...I have the push button start/proximity FOB. If your instructions are the same as the one posted in the AlphaOBD thread, then I do have access to the procedure as that is where I first stumbled on the capabilities of reprogramming & avoiding stealership. Thanks for the clarification and additional info about the "highline" nomenclature.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Most of my instructions I used the previously posted instructions and added pic's and in some cases a little more clarity. The instructions I have are the one's I have personally used to make changes on my truck.

Greenham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@ 1500ram12, I do indeed have the paid version of Alpha obd. I'm researching more about the Chrysler pin puller app right now. I'll see if that's a viable directive for me, thanks!

I'm not far behind you as a noob on here. Reading as much as I can about these newer generation RAM's. I am coming from a 1998 Gen 2 so all this ODB programming is just short of amazing..

All that being said. Did the Pin Puller work for you?While I haven't yet asked for the PB from the stealer I suspect I will receive a similar response.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Liter Cummins
The Chrysler Pin Puller app worked for me. Only $15 and I was able to retrieve the 4 digit pin. So in my case, it worked great!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank